No announcement yet.

US Wii: Preorder Details Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it goes up Thursday night between 6-9pm which is most likely then I'll be so angry as thats the only time I'm working this week, any other day and I can be online whenever needed apart from that, going to have to do some sly internet surfing without my manager noticing as usual...

Comment

Hi all,

I've imported a few games here and there but this is the first time I am excited enough to get an import console. I've read about on here and I guess VideoGames+ seems the place most people are going to deal with. Is this the most recommended?

Comment

Well most people are going through VG+, its always been the most popular choice.

I wish they'd just hurry up and allow pre-orders so we can all get it out the way and not worry about it anymore, safe in the knowledge that afew days after launch, the postman will walk up our paths, Wii in one hand and a customs bill for ?50 in the other.

Oh the excitement!!!

Comment

VG+ it is. Thanks.

The dreaded tax bill. I am prepared for that. I'll get both US and PAL. I have two componants on my tv and I'm not likely to get a 360 so will fill those inputs with two Wii's. Saying that I will only get PAL Wii if we can't use the net or some functions here. Who knows what Nintendo will do if they are going down the region route.

Comment

Strangely enough, and perhaps someone can tell me why, but no one seems to have mentioned Lik Sang very much in this thread?!

They always offer a very fair pre-order/waiting list system and are brilliant at hardware launches. I used them when I imported my Cube at launch and they were great. At the moment they are taking ?0-down pre-orders and I would definately vouch for them. Their customer service is always nice and friendly too (as I've found out due to frantic e-mailing regarding adding games/accs to my order!).

Comment

Aren't Lik selling Japanese console only though at the moment?

Comment

I dont imagine Lik Sang will be very fast at getting a US machine from US to Hong Kong first, then Hong Kong to UK. Where as VG+ will be Canada to UK, when I got my PSP from them on launch it was quick fast, apart from the 1 day delay due to DHL being arses but thats another story. And pre-orders have started for Wii ages ago so your not gauranteed one now where as if you get in at the start of the list with VG+ when they start this week, your pretty much gauranteed a console at launch.

Its all just down to preference though, the one time I used Lik Sang, to buy Resi 4 (US), I got ?17 customs bill and every time I've used VG+ for consoles and games, I've been fine. And I like their service.

Comment

Originally posted by Lik-Sang
                  1. Your pre-order is not binding and you can cancel at any time.
                  2. Once release details are known, you will receive an email that you need to confirm.
                  3. Should you decide to confirm, you will keep your position in the pre-order list.
                  4. Unit price and features are not confirmed and can change at any time.
                  5. Release date is not confirmed and might change.
                  6. The product is listed with a dummy price - your credit card is NOT charged.
                  7. All special pre-orders are limited to a maximum of 1 unit.
                  8. Depending on release schedule, you will be offered choice between European, US or Japanese.
                  9. Choices and changes are also allowed if several editions/colors are made available.
                  10. Once games and accessories are confirmed, you will be able to add them to your order.
                  Hmmm... I dont like how they've started pre-orders already with no allocation limit yet, so like I said before, you could be 10,000th on the list already where as VG+ havent even started.

Comment

I hope the VG+ server isn't going to collapse as soon as they open the pre-orders.

We could be in for a frustrating time.

Comment

I've only gotten US games from DVDboxoffice and never been charged tax but they are pretty slow so wouldn't get a console from them. I take it you order the console and games separetly to bring down any tax bill? I think all I want is Zelda and Excitetruck and they'll keep me going until Wario.

Comment

I'm gonna buy everything seperately to keep the customs risk down to a minimum.

Comment

Kotaku are reporting that Amazon.com sold its entire pre-order allocation on the first day of sales. I can already hear the collective groan to come when I tell you that some customers bought more than one.

Whether the broken figure is their official-from-Nintendo allocation, the amount they set aside for pre-orders (leaving a reserve for casual sales) or just some projected availability figures they plucked out of the air, it doesn't say. Either way, it doesn't bode well for people hoping to get their machine a few days early.

Comment

Well with Liksang I pre-ordered around May/June time so *fingers crossed*. Plus, they offer US as well as JPN consoles as someone said above. Things should be ok. I will probably pre-order elsewhere too just because I am able to cancel the LikSang order IF something goes wrong. VG+ pre-orders going up Thursday was it?

Comment

Originally posted by thebuddahman
                              Well with Liksang I pre-ordered around May/June time so *fingers crossed*. Plus, they offer US as well as JPN consoles as someone said above. Things should be ok. I will probably pre-order elsewhere too just because I am able to cancel the LikSang order IF something goes wrong. VG+ pre-orders going up Thursday was it?
                              They said not before Thursday so hopefully, but at this rate I can see it being next Monday now.

Comment

At what rate? The last info we got from them was that it was going to be 'not before Thursday' whats made you change your mind?

Movietyme emailed me in response to a question about whether they would sell hardware and games for the Wii. They told me they would (they implied both but didn't specify). I will post the whole email when I get back home.

Comment

Working...
                                X