"Inside the Games Industry" articles, Please post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Inside the Games Industry" articles, Please post

If you have any links to "inside the games industry" articles, blogs, dicussions (including forum threads), etc. I'd really appreciate if you could post the links here.

I'm really looking for people's opinions on the day to day life of working in a games company. Relationships within the team and external producers etc. Basically anything that gives an unfiltered view into the games industry's workings.

Thanks!

The resource for people who make and sell games.

The latest video game news, reviews and features from the team at Edge Magazine. Subscribe here today.

There's hundreds of people who work in the industry who have have blogs but I'm affraid I dont have links to them. However the two links above have brillant articles on development.

Comment

Originally posted by Wools
      http://www.gamesindustry.biz/

The latest video game news, reviews and features from the team at Edge Magazine. Subscribe here today.

There's hundreds of people who work in the industry who have have blogs but I'm affraid I dont have links to them. However the two links above have brillant articles on development.
      Yeah, I use those two sites fairly regularly, but in this instance I'm more interested in the people rather than the technology and stuff.

Thanks for posting though.

Comment

I'm assuming you already know about www.gamasutra.com. Probably the most game development-centric site on the net.

Comment

There are people on this forum that work in the industry.

What questions are you trying to answer?

Comment

Hi gang, I am sorry to say that we are going to turn off access to the forum on 10th September 2021. The forum has been…

If you want a heart-warming developer forum post to fill you with optimism for working in the industry, have a gander.

Comment

1up have developer blogs on their site.

Comment

One of the most notorious looks into the inner workings of game development is the EA Spouse. I'm not sure how representative it is since we know that EA is, in fact, evil, but it certainly had wide implications for what had become de facto working conditions in many areas of the industry.

Comment

Likewise, Fatbabies used to be full of internal rants... but the forums seem to have been removed now.

I'm sure there's another forum they all moved to but I can't remember the name off-hand.

Comment

Cheers for all the help guys. I'll have a read of those when I get the chance.

Comment

There are insider forums out there, but you're not likely to get in on one without knowing someone already in there. They're very protective these days. I'm not on any of them myself personally, so don't bother asking me

Comment

Working...
                      X