Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faceball 2000

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The biggest disappointment for me was Secret of Evermore. Terrible story and character. I parted with big bucks originally to get this on import, purely on the 'it's got secret in the title and it's made by Square, it must be like Secret of mana' strength - boy was I wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by chocklo
        I've said it before and I'll say it again. The biggest disappointment for me was Secret of Evermore. Terrible story and character. I parted with big bucks originally to get this on import, purely on the 'it's got secret in the title and it's made by Square, it must be like Secret of mana' strength - boy was I wrong.
        That's the exact game I was going to put. It was the next RPG I bought after Secret of Mana, and god should I have not bothered. It was bloody awful, a distinct lack of decent music, the stench of American scripting all over it (although it was made by Square USA), the need to start levelling up all over again whenever you advanced through an era, the ever-boring search for elements in order to make stuff where the dog would often sniff around for ages then just sit there and say nope, nothing here, and they also bodged the ring system and made up and down go the opposite way to my US version of Secret of Mana so it was nice and confusing and time-consuming going up and down through the menus for me. Evermore was a load of arse and I spent 30 quid on it.
        The next 2 RPGs I bought were Illusion of Time and Terranigma though, so that makes up for it a bit

Comment

Shadow of the Beast II

all they needed was to take the first game and put some fun, less pixel-perfect gameplay into it, but no.

no t shirt either.

Comment

For me the Super Famicom was a bit of a disappointment. I only bought one in 2001 (having never owned a SNES) and went through a ton of roms, in order to decide which games i'd like to own. Found out that many of the games I used to enjoy as a kid were indeed badly dated or outright ****e (Contra 3, Tiny Toons, Rockman X etc).

The 15 or so games I have decided to own however are outstanding. It's too bad many old friends had to be left behind along the way.

Comment

The fact that Starwing/Starfox 2 wasn't released.

ft:

Comment

Well, there's always the 64-bit incarnation. Great game it was too.

Comment

shame there was no level select tho

Comment

Working...
                  X