X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to learn teh Kanji!?

This came out 28/9...

http://www.rocketcompany.co.jp/kanken/

I need to write kanji to remember them and this game/program makes you write. I haven't picked it up yet but playasia have it in stock. No excuses for the guys learning Kanji now.

There's a similar shareware product out there for PDAs. I think it's called Kanji King.

Jay

Comment

The other day I bought "Kanji Sono Mama Raku biki jiten" for the DS which is pretty darn useful! When you can't read a kanji, all you do is write the kanji into the DS and it comes out with how to read it and what it means in English aswell, god knows what people did before electronic age!!

James you better check that out man

Comment

I've just ordered this one, will let you know how it plays

Comment

It seems not really for learning kanji, more practice/testing your knowledge of readings/compounds, bushu and stroke order, etc.

Comment

I've been playing this for a few days now and it's really suprised me how useful and fun a game it is. Needless to say as in the title, it's a kanji test game so if you don't know the meanings of the kanjis you will have to look them up. I've already learned a good few new ones thanks to this.

The Kanji start out VERY basic (think 一二三etc.) but build up to very testing ones, a little beyond my level at the moment. The main plus point for me with this game however, is that there are different quizes ranging from testing your skill at writing the kanji's on and kun yomis, questions on stroke orders, to being able to write the kanjis themselves.

The input recognition is also very good, and forces you to write the different symbols in their correct stroke order. Something I well needed. The menus are pretty simple, and the graphics are pretty similar to those in Dr Kawashima's; adequate but nothing too fancy.

This may all sound very boring, and to a large extent it probably is. Think of it more as a Brain Training that will actually help you learn something, and you're pretty much there. Excellent tool for people who are studying Japanese though.

Comment

I found the TV commercial on Rocket Company's website:

Do you have any idea on how this compares to the Minna no DS Seminar Kanji product from TDK? And maybe we can get this moved to the First Play forum now. =)

Comment

Is there anything like this that's suitable for a complete Kanji/Japanese n00b?

Comment

Working...
                X