Nintendo paintcube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo paintcube

Before i start id just like to thank paul again for giving up his entire saturday to paint this for me as im clueless when it comes to spraying.

I decided that my second gamecube needed chaving up a bit so we went to halfords to get some flip paint mixed up.

Like with his 360 we used bike boxes to make a spray booth in his kitchen.

This was the second stage after the white primer was put on. The red was the base coat to the flip paint.

& then the final colour changing layer went on, at first it looked like there was nothing on but after a few coats its magic colour changing properties were revealed.

Heres some pics of the finished cube, its hard to get decent pics of the colour changing but i have managed to at least give you an idea. It looks a lot better in person. The colours change from dark red/purple/ blue/green.

Now all you need is some neon underlighting and a Lil' Jon song to play when you pop the lid.

I picked up a spare 'Cube for ?4.99 the other day, and I'm seriously considering inflicting the chavness upon that.

Comment

that looks ace!

Comment

we seriously considered the neon tubing that was near the paint counter & there was a little bubble tube thing as well.

Comment

That looks great. Kudos to that man Crisp_Rapper again!

Someone photoshop it with the controller port panel done in black. I think that might look even cooler...

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
            Someone photoshop it with the controller port panel done in black. I think that might look even cooler...
            Ask and ye shall receive....

Comment

Doesn't beat the real thing

Comment

Does the real thing change colour?

Comment

yep, just add paint and minus the value...

but it did come with a matching robot

Comment

looks cool 8)

i think the neon idea is class.. hehe

Comment

Wow. That's lovely. Did a pad get the paint treatment too?

Comment

Very, very nice. Looks awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
                          Doesn't beat the real thing
                          it blatantly does, it looks ****ing amazing... much better lighting than found in my dingy kitchen. wow, now i really do want something flip

Comment

Think it looks great! If I was as brave as Crispy I'd do my 360

Comment

Originally posted by Chain
                              Think it looks great! If I was as brave as Crispy I'd do my 360
                              *flexes*

Comment

Working...
                              X