That missed bargain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treble
    just remembered though: I did buy Shining Force 3 for ?25 in the same sale, about a week later. I bet there was some lad in about half an hour before me, going 'Hmmm...should I get it? Well, it'll be here tomorrow. I might get it then....'
    hehe i know this is gaming misses but a month or so back i picked up shining force 3 totally mint + dark savior totally mint for ?30 inc P&P

Comment

My pc crashed while nervously awaiting the conclusion of a sealed Zelda 3 auction a while back, ?23-00

And, not a miss, but equally as annoying - selling my Woodgrain Atari 2600, 2 sticks, 2 paddles and games for ?2-50 at a car boot ft:

Comment

Panzer Dragoon Zwei for the Saturn for ?10 in Gamestation. Unfortunately, I was on the wrong side of payday.

Comment

Originally posted by Ady
          Panzer Dragoon Zwei for the Saturn for ?10 in Gamestation. Unfortunately, I was on the wrong side of payday.
          Thought I'd add a positive tale to this thread of gloom. I picked up a boxed Saturn at the weekend complete with 7 games including Panzer Dragoon Zwei, Sonic Jam and Sonic R for 20 quid.

And just to bring it back down again - things I've passed up on include a GP32 for 60 quid, a boxed complete, mint ('we only used it once then stuck it in the loft') US SNES for a tenner, Game Gear with TV tuner and several games for 20 quid ... there's more but I can't go on ...

And to end on a high note, I recently picked up a DC Rival Schools: Project Justice for 7 quid from gamestation.

Swings and roundabouts innit ....

Jay

Comment

Biggest loss was Sambe De Amigo brand new from GAME ?80. I had it my hands !!!
            ?80 was A LOT of money to me back then though (just finished UNI). If only my overdraft had been bigger .

Comment

I really wanted a Jaguar CD for the VLM, and Beatties were selling them off for ?25 (they had a few). Too good! I picked one up and took it home... the sound was knackered

When I went back to swap it, they'd sold out of the rest. Aargh! I should have kept hold of it even then for ?25, but I was too fed up and got a refund.

Oh, and a couple of years ago I passed on a complete deluxe nes set for ?13 from cash converters, with Robby the robot. Aaargh!

Comment

Once missed a brand new Neo Geo CD-Z machine for ?99 notes in, would you believe, Fantasy World (aka Another World) a couple of years back. Went in there the other week and they're now trying to charge ?350 for one. Bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by Typhoon Thompson
                  Not really a bargain, but I had a Samba De Amigo UK box set in my hands brand new ?80 and could not afford it at the time.

That will haunt me forever.
                  I saw them rowed up in my local EB(now Game) at the end of the DC's life going for ?50!! What a fool I was for not getting a couple.

Comment

PAL Samba + Maracas from "streets on line" (when it was bargain-tastic) - ?50 delivered! D'oh!

Comment

I regullary torture myself for buying street fighter collection indsteed of panzer saga after being told be the guy in the store they should be getting 2 more copies of saga in that friday, F****RS didnt!!
                      And my other small one is not buying rival schools on DC for 4.99 NEW when we were selling it EVERYDAY in our store for about a month, couldnt get enough of that and SFAlpha 3 for 14.99 then when i said i would buy it we never got any more in at all, god must have hated me that day!

Comment

i dont have any missed bargans but other day was browsing and bought silent hill 2 usa for 5quid

Comment

Yesterday i got Castlevania Sympthany of the Night(PAL no artbook but music cd and game) from GAME for ?4.97 8)

This is not a missed bargain but a BARGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Randella_uk
                            Yesterday i got Castlevania Sympthany of the Night(PAL no artbook but music cd and game) from GAME for ?4.97 8)

This is not a missed bargain but a BARGAIN
                            You are lucky man

Comment

Hmm... I remember seeing an absolutely MINT copy of Paper Mario PAL for ?20. - I didn't have any money at the time I saw it, so I rushed back to get some, but unfortunately it had already gone by the time I got back to the shop...

Also, I remember seeing the Samba De Amigo PAL set for ?85 I think, in GAME. But that was a long while ago and I couldn't afford at that moment in time. But if I did have the money, I would definitely had bought it.

Comment

My mate sold a mint PAL Samba De Amigo set for ?60. I would have gladly taken it off him if I had more money at the time.

I did manage to pick up Street Fighter III 3rd Strike for ?1.97 though.

Comment

Working...
                                X