Rakuga Kids Retrospective Feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rakuga Kids Retrospective Feature

Please use this thread to discuss your thoughts prompted by the Rakuga Kids Retrospective.

However, if you want to leave feedback, please either send a PM to anephric / Bill Fuller, or email [email protected]

Thanks

It's quite strange how I was thinking about this quirky title the other day and suddenly it gets its own feature here!

A really good read. I always appreciated the strangeness of this game back in the day and it was a shame that no-one here in PAL land seemed to appreciate it (but hell, it was too quirky for the majority at the time IMO).

I think I'll have to pull the cart out and have a blast sometime. Titles such as this and Rival Schools in particular certainly make fighters fun again

Comment

Great feature, love the game.

BOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!

Comment

Never really been intrested by this.

From the standout points raised in that feature Animation and it's childlike apperance were mentioned. Rival Schools 2 and Guilty Gear fill those points nicely.

Anywho, nice feature.

Comment

Both those games are far more adolescent inclined, though (I'm not sure you could argue GG is "childlike", considering how titilating it is, right down to I-No nearly flashing her boobs.

Guilty Gear Petit 1&2, on the other hand, are far more cutesy. Still not as pre-school as RK, mind.

Comment

Just occured to me that Treasure did a game very similar to Rakuga Kids (called Rakugaki Showtime) for PS1 a year after Rakuga Kids came out. It's not 1-on-1, though, but a side-scrolling fighter.

Never played it , mind.

Comment

Working...
            X