Anticipating: February 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anticipating: February 2024

The second month lies a few weeks away leading us into the end of the financial year and games companies efforts to lift those bank balances before they face their shareholders.

But which of the games releasing in February 2024 are you... Anticipating?
    Granblue Fantasy: Relink
    15.38%
    Jujutsu Kaisen: Cursed Clash
    0%
    Persona 3 Reload
    46.15%
    Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
    7.69%
    Helldivers 2
    30.77%
    Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden
    7.69%
    Ultros
    0%
    Tomb Raider 1-3 Remastered
    46.15%
    Mario vs Donkey Kong
    23.08%
    Skull & Bones
    7.69%
    Terminator: Dark Fate - Defiance
    0%
    King Arthur: Knight's Tale
    0%
    Nightingale
    0%
    Open Roads
    0%
    Pacific Drive
    7.69%
    Sons of the Forest
    0%
    Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island
    7.69%
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons Remake
    0%
    Star Wars: Dark Forces Remastered
    23.08%
    Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
    69.23%
    Islands of Insight
    0%

Helldivers 2 looking like co-op lost planet from here...

Comment

I'm all in!
      On nothing from the list

Comment

i'm interested in how Granblue Fantasy action rpg turns out, it's been years of trashing and restarting the project and it'll have a tough time with FF7 rebirth in the same month and genre... but it does sell on all platforms and has huge phone audience so it could outsell rebirth by alot.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          I remember during one of the Sony stream things where they introduced it, I was convinced it was going to be something like EDF meets Starship Troopers, but it's also in that ballpark too! I'm giving it some serious thought as some of my friends are picking it up and it's also meant to be crossplay between console and PC. Seems to be relatively cheap too?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
            I'm keeping an eye on this on PC but otherwise I'm probably not buying anything this month.

Comment

I'm interested in Suicide Squad, Rocksteady made some really decent open world batman games and as a long time Destiny player i don't instantly want to jump on the we hate live service games bandwagon.

Also looking forward to Helldivers as it looks like a game that could be a lot of fun in co-op the first game was a hidden gem on ps4

The Tomb Raider remake looks good too I would proably just play the first game again though as it was my fave of the first 3.
              Last edited by Lebowski; 26-01-2024, 08:25.

Comment

Nothing of interest for me here.

Might've been interested in the Mario vs. Donkey Kong remake for Switch were I not already playing the GBA original. That said, I hope that the steep difficulty curve of the original has been lessened this time out.

Comment

Splatoon 3 expansion.

Comment

Turns out Open Roads is being pushed back till the end of March. Kinda forgot about it when I was ticking boxes in here; it def falls into the kind of thing I can see myself playing, but then I also remembered it's from Fullbright and there was that whole thing where the studio head turned out to be highly toxic and ended up having to distance himself from the project and the studio entirely. Most importantly, hope the folks making the game haven't suffered too much as a result.

Comment

Nothing on that list above but there's way more than that coming out that i am getting.

The new bokunatsu Shinchan Shiro of coal town, surprising another one is releasing so soon i'm super happy yet more are coming out. There's also a remake of hebereke 2 which i didn't expect to see and, the remastered version of game centre cx 1&2. Theres also a gunvolt rhythm game called gunvolt records and a really neat looking mystery horror game double pack containing the enigma machine & alterity.

Shinchan

Hebereke 2

Game centre cx 1.2 replay

Enigma machine & Alterity

Gunvolt records (no box art yet)

Feb is an expensive month for me. Makes me laugh when i see online people hammering on the point that the switch has weak 3rd party support when the opposite is true i'm barely able to keep up with the volume of fun games been released.
                      Last edited by importaku; 29-01-2024, 11:23.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        Nothing on that list above but there's way more than that coming out that i am getting.
                        Game centre cx 1.2 replay
                        Man is Arino's looking much older now, fansubs (goosecanyon and locationscouts) are years behind and just hand picking a few entertaining episodes, last time i watched ep336 with Ico, first time i've seen him on a PS2.

Comment

I really must start watching GameCentre CX.

From this list, I am looking forward to Tomb Raider Trilogy. Aspyr as the developer does give me pause, since they've done some pretty poor ports to the Mac over the years, but from what I've seen, I like the way they have included both original and new graphics plus revised controls and original tank controls.

I've been meaning to revisit those first TR games for a while so it's an interesting prospect.

Comment

I can't imagine revised controls would work unless they completely overhauled the level design. I guess we'll see. I'll be picking that up. Might be tempted by the Dark Forces remaster but I actually played the original relatively recently so I'm not sure.

Comment

Something missing from that list... Surely Elden Rings DLC is coming next month?

Comment

Working...
                              X