No announcement yet.

30 Years of PlayStation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair some of the stuff they showed off for the Bone was technically amazing.

But yeah the always online, kinect always on, used game controversy, etc was like WTF!

PS4 was freaking brilliant - solid as a rock, mine was noisy but not overly so, I never had one issue with mine unlike my 360 RROD 3 times, PS3 YLOD 3 times

And also to be fair to MS, my BoneS and BoneX were also beautifully made and I never had any problems or issues with those. I will say that my total playtime on Xbox at that time was only about 10-15% of that on my PS4.

But I think it is fair to say that build quality for that gen was great.

Comment

Only issue i ever had with PS4 was the cooling, it just wasn't man enough for what they were squeezing out the machine, especially the pro which sounded like a saturn5 taking off, software was once again absolutely fantastic and it deservedly made the bone seem like a console that never launched.

edit: should add that MS definitely sorted their hardware issues with the bone however, very reliable box.

Comment

For me MS probably made the nicest hardware of last gen - eventually! I really liked the design of the first gen PS4, but it was so bloody noisy, and by all accounts most of the Pro models released were too (although it was eventually sorted with a later revision).

Likewise the DualShock 4 was good in that it was more ergonomic than the DS3, but the analog stick rubber tended to fall apart and the fupping glowing light on the back was a major miss for me, since it reflected strongly off the television and was otherwise not visible to the player during gameplay.

In the end though these kinds of factors are always commercially insignificant, which is why the insanely unreliable 360 still sold really well.

Comment

-- 2015 --
          This was the year that VR hype fully began for console gamers as Sony announced PlayStation VR. The PS3 was winding down, the PSVita was doing the same in a much less voluntary manner as it became clearer that Sony was losing interest in the handheld sector. PS4 saw titles like Bloodborne and The Order: 1886 launch but was otherwise a fairly straight forward year for the brand.

As the consoles best recieved exclusive of the year, were you enamoured by Bloodborne?

Comment

Working...
          X