Gaming Consoles Brought to Tiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    I'm not familiar enough with most of the D tier to really class them any differently than the machines in the F tier but the first notable one that stands out to me from that line up the 3DO. It's a very flawed console but I'd be tempted to nudge it up one class potentially on the basis that its library did contain several decent games that would later get better appreciation on PS1. It's flaws keep it from moving any further up the chain. Likewise I'd take the Neo Geo down a category. I know SNK enthusiasts love it but it isn't on the basis of being a great console, fans loved it because it meant they could literally play the super expensive arcade releases in their home which ironically the console wasn't even originally intended to be used for. If you had money it was a method of playing their games but you could argue the same about buying the arcade unit too.

S: PlayStation, SNES, PlayStation 2
    A: Saturn, Dreamcast, Nintendo 64, PlayStation 3, Switch, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4
    B: Xbox One, NES, WiiU, Series S/X,GameCube, Wii, Mega Drive, Xbox, PlayStation 5
    C: Master System, TurboGraphx, Neo Geo, Atari 2600, 3DO,
    D: Color TV, Pong, SG-1000, Channel F, Odyssey 2, PC-FX, Pong, Atari 7800, Odyssey, Intellivision, Colecovision
    F: Atari 5200, Atari Jaguar, Phillips CDi, Amiga CD-32

It's not final yet, I'm very much still stewing on the mid-section
    Neo-Geo and WiiU should be swapped. WiiU just isn't B-tier. Neo-Geo is pound-for-pound a greater console than the WiiU ever was.
    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 21-04-2024, 08:56.

Comment

Although I enjoyed the WiiU, I agree. It was misjudged in so many ways. The NeoGeo gets a ton of points for being a really unique thing that delivered on what it promised and had an incredible aesthetic.

Comment

Working...
      X