Resident Evil 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resident Evil 1

A remake of the original Resident Evil powered by the RE Engine is currently in the works, according to rumors circulating online

Rumour that Capcom is working on another remake of the first Resident Evil. Unless it's more of a reimagining this is probably one of the least interesting remakes

Yeah, come on capcom, it’s time to remake Code Veronica!

Comment

Must admit, I’m very excited about this. They nailed the atmosphere of the remake of Resi 2 (Although I personally hated the Nemesis pursuit of you and stopped playing) but haven’t played the remake of Resi 3 yet.

The static camera remake of 1 was outstanding so you can argue we don’t need this but if it’s like remake Resi 2 and they’re as subtle as they can be, Resi 1 might be a tasty sandwich of a remake.

Comment

I dunno i think it could be interesting they could set up a lot of stuff making it tie in better with the latter games or perhaps have a tie in with 0 too ...but tbh been years since i played the original 1 remake

Comment

Disagree and reckon it could be v interesting!

REmake was nearly 25 years ago and I’d love to see a remake in the style of the RE2 remake.

I absolutely love tank controls Resi but the reimaginings are also brilliant.

Mikami and team’s work in the late 90s are the gift that keeps on giving.

Originally posted by egparadigm View Post
          Yeah, come on capcom, it’s time to remake Code Veronica!

Although, yeah, agree that this would be a better choice. What I'd actually love to see them do with that is to look at splitting it into two scenarios, like the earlier games. I played CV for the first time a few years ago (CV: Complete on DC) and while I loved it, I did feel like it was basically the classic two scenario setup but smushed together, and that really hurts the pacing in the second half.

There is also some absolutely necessary work to be done to fix the item trading between the characters, which at the moment is dangerously broken to the point where you could end up without weapons for the final bosses and effectively force a full restart of the game.
          Last edited by wakka; 14-05-2024, 08:36.

Comment

Everyone seems to be pining for a Resi 5 remake but given we're straying closer and closer to where reimagining huge chunks of the games is going to be necessary I'd rather the pattern went:

-Resident Evil 1
            -Resident Evil 0 Remake
            -Resident Evil: Code Veronica Remake
            -Resident Evil 5 Remake
            -Resident Evil 6 Remake
            -Onimusha Remake

I'd probably prefer Dino Crisis at the end there but I have a feeling that franchise is fully dead for Capcom

Comment

I'd deffo prefer a remake of Dino Crisis over another Resi remake, but credit where it's due, I've enjoyed 2 & 3.

Comment

For me, I'd definitely put CV ahead of 0 in the priority of remakes. I played 0 for the first time not that long ago, and while it's not a bad game, it's clear that the team were running out of steam and new ideas for the trad-Resi format by that point. It retreads an awful lot of ground from earlier games, and its main contributions - dropping gear anywhere and instant character switching - are not really all that meaningful to the overall experience. Most of the environments are recycled ideas from earlier games, too, but not done as well.

Whereas CV for me is such an underrated game. It really should hold the moniker 'Resi 3' (and I believe it would have if Sony hadn't got an exclusive deal for numbered Resis). It's twice the game Nemesis is and while I don't think it's necessarily the best trad-Resi, it does feel like the apotheosis of that format. They kitchen sinked it - there are loads and loads of cool ideas in there, and it feels like it really ups the ante in terms of puzzles, enemies and storyline versus Resi 2 (which Resi 3 resolutely does not).

It's not without its flaws - and its realtime graphics are a bit drab today - but I think everything obviously a bit wrong with it could absolutely be fixed in a remake. I think a new CV could honestly be an absolutely extraordinary game.

Comment

I'm assuming that a Resi 0 remake would be cheaper to do if they are making a Resi 1 remake so more likely. CV would probably be a costly endeavor though amazing, I'm not sure how keen Capcom is to remake a non-numbered entry though especially after the production bar RE4 set.

Comment

Yeah, a Resi 0 remake would probably be cheaper. It uses far fewer environments than CV. A full bore CV remake would be a fair undertaking.

Originally posted by Neon Ignition
                    I'm not sure how keen Capcom is to remake a non-numbered entry though especially after the production bar RE4 set.​
                    It bugs me so much that CV isn't numbered. It makes it seem like a gaiden entry when for me it's absolutely the true Resi 3. It's 3 that's really the gaiden - it's effectively a sidestory of 2.

Comment

Now the rumour is that this isn't happening and that remakes of Zero and CV are instead

Comment

A remake of Code Veronica is long overdue!

Comment

These rumours are obviously a but thin if they’ve scrapped it so quickly.

Comment

Code: VERONICA was rubbish.

Comment

Wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X