Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hudson View Post
    Deffo. Tatsunoko is gorgeous looking.
    Ha! I think "gorgeous" is a stretch, but TvC is better looking than it is given credit for.

I think it's more graphically attractive that MvC3/UMvC3 and MvCI in the sense that at least the TvC character models look like beat-em-up characters. The characters models in those three games look like extras from Resi games doing beat-em-up cosplay.
    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 19-06-2024, 13:34.

Comment

I've actually never played TvC! Would love to see that find its way to other platforms too. I never played it back then because I didn't have the right controllers for the Wii, and like **** was I gonna play it with Wiimotes

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        I've actually never played TvC! Would love to see that find its way to other platforms too. I never played it back then because I didn't have the right controllers for the Wii, and like **** was I gonna play it with Wiimotes
        Don't wanna tempt fate with that one, but that'll be even more difficult for Capcom to revive (assuming that they even wanted to - TvC sold poorly both in Japan and abroad) given just how much of a mess the Tatsunoko licensing is in.

Comment

Well thanks to you lot I decided to order a copy from CEX, tempted to pick up Wii Arcade stick for this. Although I know I won't play this for more then a few hours πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
            Well thanks to you lot I decided to order a copy from CEX, tempted to pick up Wii Arcade stick for this. Although I know I won't play this for more then a few hours πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
            You should probably have sourced the OG Japanese Wii version (Cross Generation of Heroes) instead of the western version (Ultimate All-Stars).

Admittedly not much difference between the two but some content has been removed and some characters removed/added.

Comment

You’d think that by Capcom Fighting Collection #2,528 they’d have serviceable retro CRT shaders worked out by now. MvC2 was always 480i (lol), so not much lost with that one.

It’s not just Capcom. The amount of games that nail that particular aspect across the entire board can be counted on one finger.

Comment

Play-Asia are taking phys-ed pre-orders right now. US/NA and JPN versions.

Comment

That appear to be listing a Euro version too

Marvel vs. Capcom Fighting Collection: Arcade Classics for PlayStation 5Online Play - Enjoy playing with people from all over the world, whether casually or competitivelyCasual Matches - Enjoy low-stakes matches in the game of your choiceRanked Matches - Aim or the top against the world's best players! Complete with League Points and leaderboards!Custom Matches - Spectate your friends or play along with them using rules of your choosing!The Punisher - Online Co-op/Spectating - Team up with people from all over the world, dropping in and out as you please. You can also spectate other player's gamesHigh Score Challenge - Compete ...

Comment

LOL damn Β£59.30 play asia thinking it's still the 90's with those overblown import prices.

Comment

That appear to be listing a Euro version too

https://www.play-asia.com/marvel-vs-...sics/13/70hd37
                      Indeed there is.

However, recent Capcom history (especially where Switch is concerned) tells us that they usually make physicals for US/NA and JPN only. Hope I'm wrong on this one though.

Those Play-Asia listings are obviously placeholders for now. We will see.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post

Indeed there is.

However, recent Capcom history (especially where Switch is concerned) tells us that they usually make physicals for US/NA and JPN only. Hope I'm wrong on this one though.

Those Play-Asia listings are obviously placeholders for now. We will see.
                        Ah sorry I was just looking at PS4, darn it might as well get it on Switch too already buying it on Steam πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Comment

Ah sorry I was just looking at PS4, darn it might as well get it on Switch too already buying it on Steam πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
                          Nothing to apologise for. You were right - there is actually a listing on there for a European Switch version, so here's hoping I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Does this mean my PS2 copy of MvC2 has halved in value to Β£1.50?
                            Sure because the DC version is far superior πŸ˜‹ with its 480p support.

Comment

This feels relevant and appropriate. IYKYK.

Comment

Capcom have made an official website, shows what roms they are using, hidden characters unlocked and any changes like the Flashing in MSH and XvS removed.

Beloved Marvel characters take the stage in Capcom-produced action and fighting games in this collection of timeless classics! All kinds of new features have been added, including online play! Experience these wonderful games with players from all over the world!

Hopefully the alternate characters in MvC1 like orange hulk and red venom are still there.

Comment

Working...
                                X