Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (360 Live Arcade)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myth
    Right I got this the other day and absolutly crap at this.

All I want to know is if anamalities are in this because I haven't been able to do one yet.
    yes, in UMK3 you can do animalities,
    but playing with the 360 controller it's a pain in the ass to actually pull off the fatalilties, animalties etc.

Originally posted by eastyy
    I really hated the computer AI from MK1 to UMK3

First few battles no problems then suddently it gets frustratingly hard with the CPU seemingly able to counter every move
    the AI is indeed very unfair, it's best played in VS mode.

Comment

Got this game yesterday and I tell no lie...apart from an hour stint on the new Tony Hawk's demo, its all I?ve played this weekend. :xd: This is another release which would only appeal to the fans and the people who grew up during the heyday of the Mortal Kombat series. It?s a great addition to the XBLA library, Mortal Kombat was one of the games that could be considered to be the sound of the arcades back in the early 90's. Loading it up for the first time, I had a massive grin on my face.

Mortal Kombat 2 and 4 was probably my most played of the MK games, but Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 in my opinion had the edge over 2 in that it was much faster and there is a bigger scope to do "Kombos" with the new combo system and the run feature. It is also easily one of the most daftest MK games to ever be released, with some fantastically daft Fatalities and characters such as Nightwolf and Stryker...who never looked cool back in the 90's and they still don?t now.

There were a few cast members from MK2 such as Baraka, Raiden and Johnny Cage and most notably was Scorpion. Fans of him had to make do with Robot Ninja Cyrax with his similar net grab move, but it wasn?t the same. They added him back in UMK3 though. Heh, I can just imagine the meeting they had making MK3

<Tobias>Right...we have run out of colours for making clone ninjas, we need a new angle. But what the hell could be cooler than ninjas?!
      <Boon> ...ROBOTS!
      <Tobias> YES
      <Boon> Wait wait WAIT!...Stay with me now...NINJA...ROBOTS!
      <Tobias> IN MY MOUTH PLEASE...THRICE.

The whole game just looks even more hilarious now, and it?s just so nostalgic. I can remember this game and MK1 and 2 so vividly during my school days. the VS screens, the Fatality jingle, the character select, the music, the sound effects, TOASTY, the Kombat Kodes, the Stage Fatalities....ahhhh. ^_^

I've been playing it with no problems online, it?s been such a great laugh. XD Tis ccary how I can still remember some fatalities, Kombos and other stuff with certain characters, and then **** all with another. Best part of Mortal Kombat that is still alive with XBL is like in the good old days, BEFORE the internet (!) is how the game still maintains the panic of trying to enter a hastily remembered Fatality and the sheer disappointment everyone feels when the mess up. Loads of "ARGGHHH", "Awwwww", "****", "...er...er...ER...****" and "ioldnfldsnflkdsn *sigh*" ^_^

I remember sitting with my mates at home, all scrambling for the copy of Nintendo Magazine System\Super Play\Games Master guides with all the moves and fatalities in them, and most of the time everyone always used to mess up. Reciting the Fatality combination throughout the match, and when you get the chance to do it...your brain freezes. X) GOOD TIMES. ^_^

Ah, heres the SUPREME DEMONSTRATION of every Fatality, Bababilty, Friendship and the mostly ASS Animalalities in UMK3. God...most of these are SOOOO BAD.

@ Sindel's Friendship.

*Sindell kicks a ball..."THAT WAS FUN!"

EXELLENT.

Comment

There was a snes version of UMK3 wasent there ?

I did not mind the mk series but even back then i realised that the characters are just to similar

Comment

Along with Doom and Lumines this is one of the best live releases yet. Ah...the memories of playing this in the student union arcades between lectures all those years ago (that was MK2).

It plays great online and has a healthy number of players to spar with.

My one negative would be some subtle control issues, like how the game won't buffer your current joystick input after the start of a fight. Anyone know if that was in the arcade version coz I don't remember it being an issue.

Unfortunately my memory is bad and I've forgotten allot of moves, hence why I ordered this today from Amazon:

See you online. My gamertag is: FreeScotland

Comment

excellent, I never thought of looking for a book like that (didn't think they would still be available) When I bought the arcade cab of UMK3 I've made my own book with the moves and fatalities with stuff I could find from gamefaqs, I'm still missing a few moves and fatalities from a few characters....
            maybe you could help filling these blank spots ? ...

Comment

Curious, the trial seems pretty complete. What does the trial lack other than Live score uploading?

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                Curious, the trial seems pretty complete. What does the trial lack other than Live score uploading?
                Erm...It was a little while back for me but the trial only allowed me to play one fight in a tournament...

Comment

Also the ability to play online.

Comment

Anyone still play this?

I've only just figured out what the name Noob Saibot means - its backwards for tobias/boon. Wow. 12-year mystery solved for me.

I've actually managed to kick the sucker's ass finally, but only got the achievement for it... it didn't unlock him as a secret character or anything. Same with ermac (but minus the achievement). Are they kidding me with this ****? I had to go through the trauma of playing it multiple times just to get "a chance to fight one of shao kahn's greatest warriors?". This is bull****. I assume "teh Kodes" are the only way to access the secret ninjas? Also came across Sub-Zero from MKII and Human smoke, but they weren't unlocked either. What gives?

Also, when I played the mega drive version of this way back in the 90's, I seem to remember there being more characters, more stages and even brutalities. Was that another game?

Comment

Originally posted by Light View Post
                      Anyone still play this?

Also, when I played the mega drive version of this way back in the 90's, I seem to remember there being more characters, more stages and even brutalities. Was that another game?

that was mortal kombat trilogy which was released for the n64 and psone ( i seem to recall the psone version being far better)

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                        that was mortal kombat trilogy which was released for the n64 and psone ( i seem to recall the psone version being far better)
                        But I'm sure there was something on the mega drive as well. I'm 100&#37; positive about this, because I've never played an MK game on either the n64 or the ps1. I do remember brutalities, Rain, Jonny Cage, Raiden in an MK game (obviously post MKII) on the sega console. I think it was ultimate... but its not the same as this 360 version. Is it possible there were some differences between the SNES and the Mega Drive versions of UMK3?

Also, is Rain in UMK3 (360 version)?

Comment

Well it turns out we got a port of the arcade version, not the SNES or Mega Drive versions - I presume its got something to do with licensing, otherwise its pretty retarded, considering how superior they are to the arcade version.

Tournaments, Kontent, Discussions and News about Mortal Kombat

In other words, in the 360 version there's no Rain, no Noob Saibot, no Brutalities whatsoever, no Motaro and no Shao Kahn (though I don't really care for the last two). Interestingly, none of the UMK3 versions had Jonny Cage, Raiden or Baraka.

I'm pretty disappointed to be honest. Sort of regret spending 800 points on it now. I had hoped we'd have gotten the mega drive version (which I thoroughly enjoyed back in 90's), but not quite the case. Just a port of the crappiest version of the game. Ultimate indeed.

Comment

Play it online and forget all that. I've played it 6 months solid and do so every day still. Its incredible online, perfectly suited to it...way beyond sf2 online.

Im on something ridiculous like 3-4000 matches now. Add "chococat" if you want to play, but i'm evil at it now! (as you'd imagine for 6 months play).

Comment

Hmm... the idea of having my ass handed to me in online match after getting constantly obliterated by the cheating computer as well as the frustration of crappy controls and the disappointment of getting a cheap version of one of the greatest fighters of all time - is a little sadistic to be honest with you.

I like it!

Will come online early next week, as I have to get a wireless adaptor for the 360 on Monday. I suppose it might be wise to train a little beforehand...

Comment

Working...
                              X