Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody give me $2000...

...so I can bid on this - click

Now, I know some of you bods are serious collectors - does anyone have one of these?

Is there anything special about it apart from the rarity? It looks very "primary colours"..... reminds me of playschool and sticklebricks.

Comment

It doesn't look very proffesional... if you look, you can see the standard grey Dreamcast logo at the top of the console, not even a special blue one to fit with the surroundings. Very poor for a supposed limited edition.

Comment

Welcome to a land of excess.

Don't mind the colour myself. But I wouldn't be paying ?1000 for it.

Comment

I remember when I first see the rare DC, I thought it was a fake

Comment

I think one of these went for a few thousand a couple of months back. Although that one was also signed by Yuji Naka.

Comment

Do the designers of the LE Dreamcasts make them really ugly for a laugh? This one looks bad but that pure solid red one with green and yellow buttons is horrible.

Comment

a few hours with some spraypaint and you could make that yourself... nobody would know any different.

Comment

Yeah thats definitely real i've seen them around before.

Comment

You had to enter a draw in order to get the chance to buy one on segadirect. I think they were a few hundred quid even if you won. They were billed as the last run of dreamcasts produced.

Its tied into Gundam, hence the color scheme and name.

I * thought * they were customisable with different colored parts, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Comment

Why would you bother though? I buy games to enjoy and play not to look at the console all day in aww! bloody hell! that DC look Horrible! ive already got 2 Dc's Whats the point in paying a **** load of hard earned cash for somat that does nothing but the same as any other dc? Stupidity! even if you were a collector, surley you'd have more sense! SURLEY!

Comment

Limited Edition Number 32 of 78
                        The rarest 'retail release' Dreamcast on earth!
                        I thought there were limited edition Dreamcasts that were considerably more limited than that. Correct my hazy memory if I'm wrong, but wasn't that signed sonic PAL 10th anni one that went for sale 1 of 5 or sommit?

*shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by Super Stu
                          Limited Edition Number 32 of 78
                          The rarest 'retail release' Dreamcast on earth!
                          I thought there were limited edition Dreamcasts that were considerably more limited than that. Correct my hazy memory if I'm wrong, but wasn't that signed sonic PAL 10th anni one that went for sale 1 of 5 or sommit?

*shrug*
                          The custom DC is the rarest in numbers terms. The one you are on about, with the silver plaque on it was limited to 100-250 i think, I cant remember the exact numbers. Personally I would rather have a Claire biohazard or a blue hello kitty one than the custom one.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Stu

*shrug*
                            Yeah, there were something like 5 or 10 of the blue sonic Dreamcasts, I think MD knows the details. So that makes them the rarest.

Comment

There are two different ones being talked about here-

White dreamcast, Silver plaque on it. Several hundred of those, MD has one.

Blue, sonic dreamast, again there are several hundred of those, but only a few signed by Yuji Naka. It makes them look even worse than they already are- Horrible signature in big black marker pen. The custom DC is the rarest non-defaced one.

Comment

Working...
                              X