Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As reported by Kotaku

More ESRB leakage on VC games:
    * The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64)
    * Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Super NES)
    * Kirby's Super Star (Super NES)
    * Mario Brothers (NES)
    * Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo 64)
    * Starfox 64 (Nintendo 64)
    * Super Metroid (Super NES)
    * Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Super NES)
    * Excitebike (NES)
    * Ice Climber (NES)
    * Dr. Mario (NES)
    * Ice Hockey (NES)
    * Soccer (NES)

I really hope the UK gets Mario RPG

Comment

Originally posted by NecronomiconUK
      As reported by Kotaku

More ESRB leakage on VC games:
      * The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64)
      * Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Super NES)
      * Kirby's Super Star (Super NES)
      * Mario Brothers (NES)
      * Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo 64)
      * Starfox 64 (Nintendo 64)
      * Super Metroid (Super NES)
      * Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Super NES)
      * Excitebike (NES)
      * Ice Climber (NES)
      * Dr. Mario (NES)
      * Ice Hockey (NES)
      * Soccer (NES)

I really hope the UK gets Mario RPG
      I'll swap you Mario RPG for Donkey Kong Country

Comment

ok then, i preferred the sequel anyway

Comment

Originally posted by df0notfound
          LEGALLY?
          Didn't think so

I think the point is, that if we can get hold of them so easily, why not just provide them in the first place. Rather than not giving the player what they want, then moaning about things such as piracy, importing (the new piracy!) and other such bollocks.

Comment

Anyone know if Super Mario World is going to be released outside of Japan?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie2k
              I think the point is, that if we can get hold of them so easily, why not just provide them in the first place. Rather than not giving the player what they want, then moaning about things such as piracy, importing (the new piracy!) and other such bollocks.

I think the term "easily" is highly relative in this case. We who know the Internet inside-out could probably name two dozen places off the top of our heads where one could acquire ROMs easily. However, emulation is still out of reach for the vast majority of consumers, whether they be technophobic luddites or casual gamers simply uninterested in spending time searching for illegal games.

Nintendo aren't going to speed up the release of VC titles simply because a small fraction of their intended market have been downloading them and playing them on their PC/Xbox/PSP for years. Like it or not, we're just not a big enough threat. Nintendo only bangs its drum every so often, and its not often enough to give me the impression that they care a great deal about emulation eating their profits.

Comment

I question how many casual gamers are going to download old NES games anyway - have you played an NES game recently? You've got to be pretty dedicated to want to for more than a couple of minutes.

We're spoilt by what we have now, even if it should be "about the gameplay", go play some in that list there.

Comment

Originally posted by df0notfound
                  LEGALLY?
                  Didn't think so
                  Yeahs its nice to have em all in one place, but after I got a snes I realised nothing quite beat playing zelda with the map and little hint book next to me , and anyway when I bought that copy of zelda from a boot sale its not like it made the world of gaming a better place for developers lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Skinny
                    Anyone know if Super Mario World is going to be released outside of Japan?
                    I think we can say fairly confidently that it will be, as to when? Your guess is as good as anybody's.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
                      I question how many casual gamers are going to download old NES games anyway - have you played an NES game recently? You've got to be pretty dedicated to want to for more than a couple of minutes.

We're spoilt by what we have now, even if it should be "about the gameplay", go play some in that list there.
                      Does anyone really know what the majority gaming demographic is anymore? I hear so often about how there are more girls than boys buying games, or how grown-up gamers with disposable income are changing the face of the industry, or how Nintendo is set to take the market by storm and start convincing mums and grandparents to buy their products.

I don't know what to believe these days. Are we, the technically capable "hardcore", such a minority anymore? Will Nintendo really succeed in their stated goal and tap into this potential goldmine of casual/non- gamers?

Anyway, I'm steering way off topic here. I think the VC could easily provide a revenue stream to rival that of the native Wii titles themselves. Nintendo aren't going to be coy about releasing more titles unless there's a practical reason behind it. I reckon a lot of people forget that at the end of the day, they are just a business, and are out to squeeze every last penny they can from us.

Comment

I still play them for more that a couple of minutes. (^_^)

Anyway, I was just wondering if anybody thinks Nintendo in the future might change how they feel about us downloading the older games from another region? I just feel I will be missing out on lots of games if I buy a PAL system. If we can only download games that was originally released here I guess we would not get Super Mario RPG and games like that. Is this bothering anybody else too?

Comment

I'm not entirely clued up on my European Turbografx history... but I'm pretty sure we only got a handful of games... Maybe not even some in the VC launch... Can anyone confirm?

Comment

To be fair duck hunt will be fun with the WiiMote. Games like Mario 2 and 3 have barely aged in my eyes. Lots of NES games will still be fun today, ok maybe not Soccer!!

Comment

I think the DS has had a massive affect on the demographic of the gaming population. My 9 year old daughter has loads of friends who have DSs. Many of them are in households where all the kids own them. She regularly links up with friends and they all seem to carry their DSs in readiness for a multi-player session. It's the first gaming system my wife has ever wanted for herself and I've heard her telling her friends about it as well.

I'm as sure as I can be that the Wii is going to be a huge hit since it carries the innovation into the living room where other family members can get a taste of it. Mind you I thought the Gamecube would clean up when it launched. Ooops.

Comment

Slightly O/T, but....

I came home from work this week to find my daughter aged 8, her friend aged 7 and my son aged 6 all with their DS's checking the availibility of their friends on an Animal Crossing forum using my laptop!!! Even the wife has a dabble with ACWW. I think Nintendo struck lucky/gold with the DS.

Comment

Working...
                                X