No announcement yet.

Football Manager 2007 - Your seasons so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 2/3rds through my first season as Forest manager, we're in the playoffs but can't seem to string together a decent run to challenge for the automatic spots. Got a couple of decent young reserve players from Chelsea on loan though, but I'm suffering from the same problem the real manager of Forest has right now: 6 fit strikers who all want to play.

Out of the league and FA Cup though, but into the final of the Johnstones paint trophy, go us!

Comment

Another title for the mighty Spurs.

Sold Kompany or ?50mil and i'll get 50% sell on.

Need to ring the changes before the new season kicks off, bin some unwanted players and get in some greats.

Comment

Victory in the Johnstones paint trophy for the mighty reds, and promotion to the Championship via the playoffs (totally rolled Brighton over in the final at Wembley, hehe).

Strengthening the side with the aim of staying up this season, good pre-season results against Wigan and Chelsea makes me think the boys can cut it in the championship this season, but we shall see.

Comment

BREAKING NEWS

Tottenham Hotspur last night completed the sensational transfer coup of Lionel Messi from Barcelona, more details on the deal to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackLodge
            Oh, for those needing decent players on a budget, I've found that Gary Kenneth from Dundee Utd (Oh the irony......), Simon Lynch (Dundee Utd), Stevie Naismith (Killie) and Iain Black (ICT) are decent SPL squad players available for ?200K to ?500k.
            I used to raid the Scottish leagues for cheap players all the time in FM2005 - amazing picking up a player for 100k to see their value hit 4-5m as soon as they join your squad.

Comment

Indeed, I just restarted this one hoping to put my 4 seasons of experience to good use and thus far it's going well.

Sold about 10 players immediately, bought in Sivok (Sparta), Fletcher (Hibs), Vanden Borre (Anderlecht), Stevenson (Hibs) and have redone my tactics to a 4-1-3-2 that actually works, very tight at the back yet potent up front. Fletcher scored 6 in my first SPL game of the season (a 10 nil victory over St Mirren) and I've discovered that, when given an extended run in the team, Bill Stanger is some player.

Only thing is my team isn't very strong in terms of depth, but my new training regime seems to be working better than last time round and injuries have been ok thus far. Am coasting along at the top of the league by a good 12 points or so.

Comment

Nearly finished my second season and I think its going to be a trophyless one. Celtic are proving to be unstoppable since their takeover and they've signed Crouch who has gone on to score 36 goals this season. The Jekyll and Hyde thing seems to have struck again and after a huge unbeaten streak, I just can't seem to buy a win at the moment. Added to which I've lost my 4 strikers due to injuries in matches and I'm knackered for the title run-in.

Comment

This was my first season as newcastle, i was up there for most the season then fell out the title race right towards the end I blame the defense.

I have now started the second seaso and had a big shake up, sold an unhappy owen, brought in walcott who is showing great promise, jo is an amazing youngster i picked up in the january transfer window and is a wonderkid. Duff is performing brilliantly and Man U keep on trying to get him on the cheap, n zogbia is also a wonderkid and is getting better and better all the time. Denilson is a great defensive midfielder i picked up from arsenal and is only 19. Farfan has been plagued with injury but generally is a competent performer and can be very useful as he can be played on the left or as a striker aswell. Vanden Borre i only just remebered about at the end of the transfer window and has helped bolster my defence, with bernard only ever managing 7's, babyraro being injured all time i really need a new left back, steven taylor is great as always, the right back is a younster from the Brazil under 21's and had a fantastic first season, needs to improve still though. Leo Franco is an amzing buy, needed to replace given as made alot of money from him and franco came in and did an even better job, frequntly gets 10's and gets in those crucial saves.

As for the tactics i usually always go with this 4-4-2 with slight variations, In game i may switch to 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 or 4-4-1-1. Hopefully my next season will get more success in europe after being knocked out by chelsea and see my team of youngsters start to perform exceptionally well.

Comment

Working...
                  X