Pro Evo 6 tournament at school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro Evo 6 tournament at school

I ran a pro evo 6 tournament at my school yesterday (I'm a teacher) and just thought I'd do a quick post about it, to encourage any other teachers around to consider a similar thing.
    I ran it for year 11 students (15/16 year olds), charged 50p each to enter (in pairs), and got 16 pairs entered. We had a couple of staff pairs too, and the kids were all well up for getting one over on us as well as each other. Used the entry fees to buy a ?5 Game voucher each for the winning pair, and then a runners up prize.
    We played in our hall on a projector, and obviously had 2v2 matches (I brought in my 360 for it). Games were restricted to 5 mins each and then pens, and it still overran (5:30 by the time we finished), but the atmosphere and tension was fantastic, and everyone who took part loved it.
    Well worth considering for anyone else who's got a chance to do it!

Sounds like things went well, and everyone involved enjoyed themselves!

Well done! You are probably the most popular teacher at the school!

Comment

Originally posted by Psyduck
      I ran a pro evo 6 tournament at my school yesterday (I'm a teacher) and just thought I'd do a quick post about it, to encourage any other teachers around to consider a similar thing.
      I ran it for year 11 students (15/16 year olds), charged 50p each to enter (in pairs), and got 16 pairs entered. We had a couple of staff pairs too, and the kids were all well up for getting one over on us as well as each other. Used the entry fees to buy a ?5 Game voucher each for the winning pair, and then a runners up prize.
      We played in our hall on a projector, and obviously had 2v2 matches (I brought in my 360 for it). Games were restricted to 5 mins each and then pens, and it still overran (5:30 by the time we finished), but the atmosphere and tension was fantastic, and everyone who took part loved it.
      Well worth considering for anyone else who's got a chance to do it!
      Thats awesome sounds like a great idea

Comment

Originally posted by johnno15
        Thats awesome sounds like a great idea
        your still using my clown bitch, get your ass on pro evo im taking you down

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Day
          Hahahahaha I thought you had sold pro as you couldnt bear to lose the clown????

Ill be home from work at about 11 30 send me an invite

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Day
            Yeah, Play each other online and who ever wins gets the clown!

It's confusing me

Comment

Originally posted by Selix
              Yeah, Play each other online and who ever wins gets the clown!

It's confusing me
              Its a long story and yep but im holding it for the guy atm due to him having lack of funds so im getting as much play as possable

Comment

psyduck you must be the best teacher ever!!!!

Comment

Nah I'm a **** teacher just happen to have a 360. Was a great event though, and definitely doing some more. Looking forwards to a doubles tennis tourney on Wii sports, and maybe a fifa 07 one if I ever find the game cheap enough. That's the problem - all the kids want to play fifa/NFS/crap like that...

Comment

Originally posted by Psyduck
                    Nah I'm a **** teacher just happen to have a 360. Was a great event though, and definitely doing some more. Looking forwards to a doubles tennis tourney on Wii sports, and maybe a fifa 07 one if I ever find the game cheap enough. That's the problem - all the kids want to play fifa/NFS/crap like that...

Psy - stolen your idea. My form had to decide on rewards the other day so I put this to them - loved it.

Seconded on the **** games though. SOme of them have no idea at all if a good game came along and shat on them from a great hight. (y10s by the by)

Comment

Working...
                    X