No announcement yet.

Wii TV advert at last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw a Wii Sports one on ITV. Had a mixture of game footage and old people playing with the Wii

Comment

I just saw a one for with zelda on on TMF. I thought it was great tbh, but in response to Jebus, apparently if you register interest with game they'll get you a unit before xmas!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Heats
        Why must an advert show off the graphics of a game? When graphic whoring is the main thing the Wii is trying to fight against? The advert serves as a basic teaser, and shows in the best possible method in the shortest time the range of possibilities that can be achieved by the Wii.
        You're missing the point entirely. Yes, it's entirely unnecessary for a videogames system ad on TV to spray graphics all over the place like there's no tomorrow, but that's not the issue with the Wii ads; they're just, well, rubbish. For a start, they're misinforming. 'What's this?'...'This is Wii' - People are going to think the remote itself is Wii, and end up completely confused. They also don't get you particularly fired up. The remote does look quite uninteresting.

For an example of an excellent teaser TV ad, watch the PlayStation 3 'The wait is over' advert. A little bit emo it may be, but it's designed to excite people.

Teasers = good
        Obscure = bad

Comment

Originally posted by dave heats
          reminds me of this!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Still like it though.
          hahaha

Comment

oh yeh i loved the fact it showed alot of the game and the controller

complete opposite to the recent PSP commercial ( i mean dust!!! what on earth)

Comment

Just saw Zelda TV ad on MTV during the jackass shows. Had to turn it over, though.

Comment

I've seen the Zelda and Wii Sports ones, and both are very very good.

I think Nintendo have hit the non gamer audience well with the wii. I mean, how many other game systems are actually played by the presenters on shows aimed at housewives?

Comment

I've seen the better adverts on MTV2 recently, but the more vague ones seem to be on mainstream TV. Surely they'd be better suited the other way round?

Comment

Aaaah, see- MTV2 is on for half the day in our house so they're the only ones I've seen. Yup, they should put them on in the ad breaks of I'm A Celebrity or something, especially the Sports one. Still, better than the Nintendo of old. MUCH better!

Comment

Working...
                    X