Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone else made a huge mistake?

I have. I didn't pre-order one.

I convinced myself that I'd wait for more reviews and opinions of people on here, then I saw the adverts...and then I saw some video reviews of Zelda...also I saw some games that are coming out like Wario Ware, Cooking Mama, Wii-Play and now, I'm a sad sad panda.

So...I notice that play3k say they have sold out of their first TWO allocations but reckon their third will be in before Christmas, but Nintendo said they'd made more than enough Wii's right?

I live in a sleepy little town, I'm just wondering, what are the chances of getting on launch day still...is it going to be 360 sellout all over again?

So opinions, but NO BRAGGING. I'm sad enough already

Yup, I didn't do a pre-order either. I'm getting the 360 HD DVD player on about the first (hopefully, if game.co.uk come through!!) and a few 360 games pre-ordered for December, and I didn't really want to spend any more money at around the same time.

I was also thinking that I'd have plenty on my 360 to keep me occupied (which I do) so I didn't really need another console at the same time... but then, like you, I started seeing the reviews, videos, and getting that "must have a new console right away!" itch

I'm hoping I might be able to get one on launch day, from the Woolworths that's about a minute from my house. Problem is it's only a small one so there's a good chance they won't have one. I might get lucky cos I'm on the outskirts of London, so I just have to go a couple of stops on the train for multiple shops that could have one, but I reckon I'm probably gonna be disappointed!

Comment

i didnt pre order one early either, but hopefully i got mine in at argos in the nick of time.............. fingers crossed

Comment

Well i'm quite upset that I don't already have a US Wii, desperate to be playing Zelda.

But at the same time, I want to wait for the PAL launch hits so I can decide whether to go for a PAL or NTSC console. Besides I need the money for christmas! I think i'll probably be ordering mine just after christmas myself, PAL or NTSC i'm not sure.

I can't imagine it'll be impossible for you to get one though, even on launch. When the gamecubes were out of stock everywhere, I tried PC world who had a few left, I even got to choose which colour. Just go to places like that where people wouldn't usually go to get their games, you might find one. Or place a pre-order and just hope you get one before christmas.

Comment

Surely there must be somewhere in New Milton you can try dude?

Christ, Woolies or summat. Just get there when the shop opens! Other than that, come down to the big smoke and I will beat a second Wii out of the bloke in Game when I pick my one up. ?100 mark up, mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany
            Surely there must be somewhere in New Milton you can try dude?

Christ, Woolies or summat. Just get there when the shop opens! Other than that, come down to the big smoke and I will beat a second Wii out of the bloke in Game when I pick my one up. ?100 mark up, mind.
            Must admit, I'm hoping in our sleepy-little-old-bastard-filled-bifocal-widowed town that there might not be enough people clued up to get one on launch day. I'll be trying Woolies though! I was thinking of trying PC World etc in Christchurch but to be honest they were doing pre-orders on the 360 last time so I'd assume they've done the same for the Wii.

Won't be trying Total Entertainment in our town though, when I tried sourcing a PSP when they were out of stock he offered me a V1.5 one for ?300...to which I promptly told him to fist himself thoroughly.

The trouble is/was that I had to decide between the Wii and the HD-DVD player for the 360 and I chose the later. But now, I want both despite being skint. I just completely want a Wii after seeing some of the games coming out!

?100 mark up!?!?!?!
            Last edited by Jebus; 26-11-2006, 12:05.

Comment

I didn't pre order and im not worried.

Tesco here i come... Going a couple of hours before midnight. I wanted to check the reviews also, the only game i pre ordered (Red Steel) got changed to Zelda after seeing the reviews for both

Now the other question remains Rayman or Monkey Ball

Comment

Ah! Tesco! We have two near us, one local and one BIG one!!

Comment

Dude, GameStation in Poole reckons they're getting nearly a hundred machines or more so I don't mind picking one up for you if needs be, no strings

Comment

Cheers Matty, you getting one there yourself? Pre-ordered or just walking in? If I can't get one here launch day I may well be PMing you rather sharpish!

It's possible they may be easy to get, but after getting a 360 on launch day (even though I pre-ordered) was so difficult...I'm dubios.

Comment

I've got a pre-order myself (fourth on the list ) but they should have some stock left over. If not there are several game shops and dozens of superstores like Comet, PC World, Toys R Us etc etc in this town so finding one shouldn't be too hard if needs be.

EDIT - Actually now I think about it the Bournemouth GameStation is doing a midnight launch which might be a good opportunity to jump the datime queues as it were, plus I have my preorder.
                      Last edited by MattyD; 26-11-2006, 13:13.

Comment

I have to say I made the same mistake initially and am now hoping that Amazon will come through after I cancelled a Play pre-order and then Game f*cked up a pre-order. There might well be enough to go around and then some, certainly as there were no supply problems with 3rd parties, Nintendo have had loads of time to get a shed load of them made, but we just won't know until release day. Who knows how many are coming in to the country and just how many people have pre-ordered.

Comment

I've ended up going eBay for mine. That's an option for you. I did have a preorder but got burned by VG+. On a plus side though, Tronix will be getting my business from now on.

Comment

i've kept my 2nd order with play active

i was told i wouldn't get one in the first batch, but i ordered it on the same day as everybody else (15th Sept) - so it should be here for chrimbo i feel
                            Last edited by buster_broon; 26-11-2006, 14:47. Reason: i wasnt selling goods in my possession

Comment

Gamestation have signs up saying they can guarantee a Wii before Christmas if you pre-order now. I'm in Inverness, but they said it's a national thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X