Midnight openings on 8/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midnight openings on 8/12

Is it worth going along to a midnight opening to make completely sure of getting a Wii next Friday?

I'm seriously considering it, as otherwise I'd have to wait until late afternoon to get to the shops (in particular the branch of Gamestation I've pre-ordered a console from).

well i will be, having said that they are only providing the first 50-70 preorders on day one, the rest will have to wait until the next batch.

so as long as you are around or below that number you should be laughing either way.

personally i'm 57th so i am getting a bit paranoid about the initial shipment numbers.

Comment

I have actually been VERY VERY sad & booked next friday off.

I shall be going to my local gamestation at about 11:00pm to queue/wander round/Play Guitar Hero 2 whatever so I can collect at bang on midnight & then go home to begin my Zelda-athon

I spoke to my store on Saturday & I'm 11th on the pre-order list & they have gauranteed I will get one launch day

Been uming & ahing for weeks about cancelling it...glad I havent now I'm getting all excited about it since I started seeing the Zelda Ads on telly...looks fanfarkingtastic

Neil

Comment

Hadn't thought about this - Just might - I've had to cancel a day off tomorrow I could shift it to next Friday and have a Zelda blowout.....

Comment

It would definately be a good way to jump the majority of the Christmas shopper queues. I'm 4th on the list for a preorder so I'm not that worried about getting the machine on launch day - but having said that, the prospect of easy (and possibly free) parking, and not having to fight through the crowds, is enough for me

Comment

I will do if the Game in my town (Watford) does a midnight launch. I strongly suspect the Gamestation across the road will do, so if Game bail out it's going to be rather annoying.

I booked the Friday off work, but getting it midnight Thursday would certainly help the weekend by leaps and bounds.

Comment

Nah my store is only open at 7am, ill be down there for around 6am though so i should be first in first out.

Comment

I really hope Game is doing an early opening as I need to be 200 miles from home by 0930 next Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK
                  I really hope Game is doing an early opening as I need to be 200 miles from home by 0930 next Friday.
                  Most will be 7 or 8 am

Comment

Gamestation Birmingham are doing a huge Midnight launch with VIP party and all sorts, so if you preordered there, you'll find something to do

Comment

Working...
                    X