X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Wii Sold Out

According to Edge :

Originally posted by Edge
    Nintendo has announced that it has shifted 600,000 Wiis in America since the console?s launch on November 19, which adds up to a sales rate of almost one machine per second.

"Even with sales already in excess of 600,000 units, demand continues to exceed supply, as it's clear this is one of the 'gotta-have' products for the holiday season," said Nintendo Of America president Reggie Fils-Aime. "We've shipped retailers several times the amount of hardware the other company was able to deliver for its launch around the same time ? and we still sold out. Given the inclusive nature of Wii gameplay, we're seeing this new form of videogaming is already a huge hit with gamers and newcomers alike. It continues to be a phenomenal launch."

In terms of game sales, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess unsurprisingly leads the field, with over 454,000 units shifted, while overall software attach rate is around 3:1, which US retailers claim is roughly double that of PlayStation 3 to date.
    1 a second

3:1 attach rate - wonder if that includes wii-sports I'm thinking not so that's amazingly high (for an overall rating)

Fantastic news for Nintendo.

Not so fantastic for people desperately trying to get hold of one though.

Comment

wow thats awesome!!

Comment

Here's hoping they sustain this success now with a constant flow of quality titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK

3:1 attach rate - wonder if that includes wii-sports I'm thinking not so that's amazingly high (for an overall rating)
          Doubt it. There was a story over there that the Zelda attach rate in Canada was 1:1

Comment

wow according to bbc PS3 has only sold ~200,000

nintendo must be cracking open the booze - Wii outsells PS3! seriously, who would have predicted that a year ago?

Comment

well i think they only distrbuted lke 200K ps3s didnt they

Comment

Originally posted by Oh! My Car!
                wow according to bbc PS3 has only sold ~200,000

nintendo must be cracking open the booze - Wii outsells PS3! seriously, who would have predicted that a year ago?
                Anybody? If they don't make enough, it won't sell as many. When the price is also a third of the cost of a PS3, it's not a surprise at all.

Comment

Working...
                X