Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiimotes are breaking windows & TV sets!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiimotes are breaking windows & TV sets!!

Bloody Hell!
    What is wrong with people eh?
    Just dont swing em so hard!!

http://videogames.yahoo.com/ongoingf...=494785&page=0

"I dropped a bowling ball onto my foot because my fingers slipped free from the holes. Bowling alleys are defective."

"No, you're a twat."

It's another one of those console launch non-stories, isn't it?

Comment

Reggie even issued a statement saying to 'not let go of the remote when bowling or pitching'

I'd have thought that was pretty obvious, I think Reggie thinks that too.

Comment

Flying UMDs all over again. Coupled with videos of people smashing consoles, this just leads to what is really quite a large yawn and will continue to do so until a Wii Remote (or some other console accessory) embeds itself in someones skull, causing their whole head to shatter or explode Scanners-style.

Comment

If the straps are breaking then perhaps they're not up to to the job of preventing flying Wiimotes, they're suppose to be there to stop that from happening.

All the adverts for the Wii have shown people wildly flinging their arms around, so maybe that's sending the wrong message out that they need to do this.

If people aren't using the straps that's a different case.
          Last edited by MartyG; 30-11-2006, 15:16.

Comment

I've taken the strap off mine. I have no plans on throwing it at my TV.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
              If the straps are breaking then perhaps they're not up to to the job of preventing flying Wiimotes
              I reckon people will come round to the idea of using their hands for that, and rely more on straps for the not-falling-on-the-ground thing.

Comment

Then why put a strap on it in the first place? Kids aren't known to be gentle or careful with stuff, and it's easy to get super involved in a game - if the straps are there for a failsafe, they should be strong enough not to snap.
                Last edited by MartyG; 30-11-2006, 15:26.

Comment

Week old, but best "Attack of the Wiimote" thread I've seen so far,

includes pictures, one guy has actually drawn blood.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
                    Then why put a strap on it in the first place?
                    It looks nice.

Comment

I think people are putting to much energy into the controll thing. I know when I get meself a Wii most of my motions will probably be flick of the wrists.

Comment

Never under-estimate the stupidity of people.

Comment

If you're just flicking wrists to play Wii Sports, you're playing it wrong, IMO. Just don't let go of the remote and make sure your friends aren't stupid.

Comment

Wii have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by FelixofMars
                              Never under-estimate the stupidity of people.
                              My old Maths teacher always reminded us that the average person is stupid, and I agree. His best advice was to assume that people are stupid until they prove otherwise.

Seriously, if you break your tv/window with a Wii remote then you're a retard beyond help.

Comment

Working...
                              X