Wii Recon for preorder unfortunates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wii Recon for preorder unfortunates

After my preorder fell through, I decided to wait until after xmas, but jealousy and must-have-ness has gotten the better of me.

I would like to know the tactics of peeps who plan to walk/strafe/stealth/breach into an unsuspecting supermarket or wherever to get the Wii goods around the launch date.

What's your plan B?

Am gonna breach and strafe into somewhere.... not sure where tho yet.

I'd say woolworths/argos/curry's/comet/pc world something along those lines - In fact with some of them I'm sure you can check stock availability online before nipping down !

Comment

I walked into currys the other day and the guy said I could still preorder

I walked out having not preordered because I'm a man and love the thrill of the hunt, ahem, but I was pleasantly suprised they had any open.

Comment

Yeah good idea. I was thinking of trying places that didnt actually take preorders as my tactic. I looked into it and... well, hmm special intel this... nah, I phone Toys R Us and they said it'll be on first come first served when doors gape Friday morning. That has become my primary target... Flashbang the queue and... ? .. panic?

Comment

yeah i went into T'R'US last week and was pleasently suprised. I wasn't going to let the secret out of the bag but they have 10 reserved and the rest are a free for all.

I'm currently in the process of aquiring a storm proof tent and i plan on setting up camp after work on Wednesday. By Thurs i can see a queue of us all playing on our Mario Kart on our DS lites and sharing tales of gaming woe in a very Japanese Otaku manner.

Come Fri hopefully i will leave my encampment with a shiny new Wii, Zelda etc and get some well earned sleep.

Otherwise i'll be popping in before work on Fri on the off chance of securing one.

Either way the hunt is what it's all about. I'm sure it's all going to be an anti-climax once I actually get my grubby hands on one.

FB

Comment

If it's anything like the 360 HD DVD drive fiasco, then you're no better off for preordering.

Comment

Argos say their initial batch is all gone but their email words were "getting many more batches before christmas".

Comment

Working...
              X