Wii on the news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wii on the news

Did anyone else see the Wii feature on the ITV news last night? It got a fairly decent amount of time and it was all pretty positive too. Maybe Nintendo were using it to avoid paying for real adverts?
    Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Originally posted by figflair
    Maybe Nintendo were using it to avoid paying for real adverts?
    I dunno about that, Nintendo UK must of spent a fortune on ad's cos they're everywhere.

I've seen em' on primetime MTV on sunday, seen em' on skysports during la liga/prem matches and I've seen em' do ad's during T4 on the weekend.

Pretty big range of people covered by those ad's, all they need now is one during a corrie show

Comment

Originally posted by gingerj
      I dunno about that, Nintendo UK must of spent a fortune on ad's cos they're everywhere.
      Yeah, it`s all the money that has been put aside for marketing over the last 15 years and never got spent!

If in the past they marketed their products in the same way that Sony and Microsoft have they would be a bit more buoyant today, but I think Reggie has kicked em up the arse and they are getting their act together, the DS is a prime example. Loads of exposure and advertising backed up by great games FTW!

Mario just needs to arse bounce on the PS3 three times and Nintendo will be back. I forsee great things for Wii, all hail King Reggie!

Comment

Yeah i have seen ads everywhere even on channels like history hd for god sake. Whats happening to nintendo of europe these days. All wii need now is for them to release games on time like excite truck and tramua center and there be no need to import.

Comment

Originally posted by mackemansj1
          All wii need now is for them to release games on time like excite truck and tramua center and there be no need to import.
          That's to pad out Q1, if you had nothing to buy then you'd be moaning.

Right now you've got Zelda and a couple of others, which is ample till Q1 07.

Then Excite Truck, Wario Ware, Elebits and Trauma Centre coming out and you'll be laughing.

Plus NTSC-J launch titles which will have to be rinsed!

Comment

I wouldve liked excite truck or trauma center to have made it out though, they made it out everyhwere else.

Comment

The ITV News Clip

Comment

Originally posted by mackemansj1
                I wouldve liked excite truck or trauma center to have made it out though, they made it out everyhwere else.
                Others dont get Wii Play or have to buy Wii Sports. Different regions have something unique to them, it's good don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by gingerj
                  Others dont get Wii Play or have to buy Wii Sports. Different regions have something unique to them, it's good don't you think?
                  Not really! Wii Play instead of Trauma or Excite? No thanks. Its not the end of the world though and will hopefully mean I devote lots of time to Zelda instead of getting distracted with other games.

Comment

The Wii was on Midlands Today this evening, they want people who don't play games to go down on Thursday and have a go at playing it.

Comment

Working...
                    X