No announcement yet.

PAL Wii: What's 60 Hz and What's Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's tons of interesting info at this site http://retoor.googlepages.com/home

It's possible to get a PAL Wii to browse the US Wii shop by the sounds of it, so it can't be a million miles away from getting it to register points and download games....here's hoping anyway.

Comment

bit of a bummer really, downloaded zelda and mario 64 and just can't be bothered to play them thanks to them taking up only about 1/3 of my tv

but oh well, only really bought the thing for twilight princess and wii sports anyway

Comment

btw pc engine games are 60 hz cos the console was jap/US only - 60hz

It all boils down to money, as per usual europe gets the **** end of the stick, nintendo release the roms and games in the usualy 3 locations - europe,us,jap and make the 3 profits, the Uk is the most exspensive market and to allow us access to to america roms is a big finacial loss for nintendo. - we have to stay separated. and always will be

Regarding 60hz, its entirly possible for nintendo to give us the PAL roms like they are now but optimise them to run at 60hz - give us the choice of 50/60hz before playing the rom (some people still only have 50hz believe it or not) nevertheless if you continue to buy and say nothing they won't do anything about it.

The consumer has to open their gob to be heard. Why do you think PAL gamers are able to play PCE roms on their wii's? considering the PCE never hit Europeon shores and was'nt on Europes VC list either. The best way to have things changed is to write to nintendo, enough people do it and something will change like the pc engine roms

And at the end of the day if you think nintendo treat the UK badly try digging into sony's past and present and u'll find a big **** firing canon aimed right at our tiny island
        Last edited by dazzi; 29-12-2006, 18:20.

Comment

Originally posted by dazzi View Post
          And at the end of the day if you think nintendo treat the UK badly try digging into sony's past and present and u'll find a big **** firing canon aimed right at our tiny island
          As opposed to right now, whilst we're half-way through a six month wait for the massively over-priced UK launch of the PS3? $599 = £300 at the current exchange rate, but I'm sure plenty of people will still lap them up at the £425 i.e. $831.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar View Post
            'cos it's running in 50hz? I'd love to know how that'd break you plasma... Prolonged use of any fixed display will make a lovely mess of your plasma regardless of refresh rate

I think it's funny there are a lot of gamers who seem to think that Nintendo seemed to 'fix' it at 50hz or something. I bet they didn't even give it a thought as it's the PAL hardware they've emulated; a gamer gets what was originally released no doubt.
            Wow I bet you have loads of mates with an attitude like that eh...

I was referring to the nice big black borders surround the browser window. It's far more likely to cause screen burn than a full screen app.

Comment

Well put. I'm facked if I'm typing a letter on my Wii, but once my replacement monitor arrives from BenQ I'll get the ball rolling.

Comment

Dude. In 60Hz the image uses the same amount of lines as a bordered one in 50Hz, the screen's just stretched so you can't see them. The borders are still there, they're just stretched off the top and bottom of the screen because the signal need not write to them. If you're going to get burn-in, you'll still be able to see it every time you watch a 50Hz image, like a TV broadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by Bada Bing! View Post
                  Well put. I'm facked if I'm typing a letter on my Wii, but once my replacement monitor arrives from BenQ I'll get the ball rolling.

if you're on about my complaint to nintendo post then buy send them I letter, I meant just that, nintendo europe is usless and u can email then all u want it won't make a difference as one of their staff member in customer servici will read it and disregard, but posting them a letter has to go thru different departments before it reach its finally destination - all letters do and is read upto 20 times.

Its unfortunate we live in the UK and accept this kind of ****, thats the thing about the british they whinge and whine on but never do anything about it and like Sony boss Ken Kutaragi said - europe loves to be **** on, delay the ps3 6 months, keep the hefty price tag and these ****ing retards will still buy it - which we will and we all know there'll be a mountain of **** games (crazy frog racer 3 anyone?) and the disc drive will knack in 2 days after the warrenty runs out etc etc but sony are always top dog...no complaint there

ohwell in the end u can do far worsethan buying a nintendo console, they're built to last and nintendo's own games are always to a high standard and ofcourse miyamoto is god

Comment

Originally posted by dazzi View Post
                    and of course miyamoto is god
                    Impostor! If you really thought he was god you'd have called him Shigsy

Comment

LMAO, slang nicknames is no sign of respect lol

Comment

Well I also see you capitalised Sony and Ken Kutaragi but not Nintendo or Miyamoto. Get out of that one!

Comment

worst gaming trend ever = 'celebrity developer name dropping'

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo View Post
                            Well I also see you capitalised Sony and Ken Kutaragi but not Nintendo or Miyamoto. Get out of that one!
                            dammit!

Comment

Unfortunately there's no 'backwards' NTSC Euro country we could set our Wiis to be! Check this map http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...-PAL-SECAM.png

I mean look at all that yellow and orange! You'd think Nintendo would want to do a better job for all that landmass!

Comment

Its unfortunate we live in the UK and accept this kind of ****, thats the thing about the british they whinge and whine on but never do anything about it
                                Sad but I have to agree. The British public needs to be taught the art of polite but forceful complaining.

Comment

Working...
                                X