Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Certain regions have thicker wrist straps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certain regions have thicker wrist straps!

See here :-

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-ente...rap-220453.php

Just checked mine - the one that's on the wiimote that came with my Wii Play is noticeably thinner than the one that's on the wiimote that came with my PAL console.....

Has anyone here actually had any problems with theirs? All reports seem to be of over-enthusiastic Americans.

Comment

Gave mine a fair old tug (no pun intended) and it didn't seem to give way - can't imagine what kind of force is required to actually break it!

Comment

UK PAL Wii Console Wiimote has the thick strap. UK PAL Wiiplay has thin strap.

Comment

I dont use the strap, I trust in my ability to hold something in my hand

Comment

I don't know why they didn't fit a rubber grip to the lower part of the controllers instead of leaving them as smooth plastic all over.

Comment

Riveting stuff

For the record.....the strap on the remote that came with my console is exactly the same thickness as the one from my Wii Play. However, the Wii Play remote strap is a dull shade of white whilst the other (hold onto your hats now) is much whiter & brighter!!!

Comment

Mmmm.

Here is why this thread is important.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ
                  I don't know why they didn't fit a rubber grip to the lower part of the controllers instead of leaving them as smooth plastic all over.
                  I dunno, I've got mixed feelings about rubber grips.
                  Yes they do grip better, but they start to look dirty & grubby over time & thats not a good look when the Wiimote is such a light colour.
                  It'd look fine on a Black Wiimote though.

Comment

Does anyone sweat that much?

Comment

Originally posted by shuurajou
                      UK PAL Wii Console Wiimote has the thick strap. UK PAL Wiiplay has thin strap.
                      Its the other way round with me. See here

Comment

I doubt this is in response to the 'flying wii' problem as Nintendo have only just commented on it. More likely, it's just down to multiple manufacturers having to use different materials when others weren't available or cost more. Kinda like how the original Xbox had different disc drives and HDDs depending on what serial number it had and which factory it was made in.

Originally posted by MJ
                        There are third-party rubber skins available already, such as this one. I suppose they didn't fit them to begin with because it doesn't fit in with that whole sleek Ikea / iPod image.

Comment

Working...
                        X