Elebits IGN review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elebits IGN review

Elebits is a great first wave Wii game. Not only does it present some interesting new gameplay mechanics, but it makes full use of the Wii remote to enhance the experience. It's clear that the title was hatched from the very beginning for Nintendo's new console and it's refreshing to encounter a game that could not be done well on any other videogame system. I have to note, it really is a lot of fun just to pick up items and toss them around in the worlds that Konami has created; it feels great. And when you add in the fact that the stages present unique challenges and all sorts of nooks and crannies for Elebits to hide in, I think you're going to find hours of solid entertainment waiting here, especially when you consider the multiplayer mode and map builder, which enables you to trade created levels with friends over WiiConnect24. My hat is off to Konami for going the extra mile.

But the game does have its limitations. For one, the physics are not quite as tight as they could be. Whether you're picking up a diesel truck or a flower pot, the objects will have the same floaty, bouncy feel to them. And further, while the game does a lot with physics, it doesn't do much with visuals, which means that the worlds and objects you encounter will have a blocky, dithered look to them.

If you're looking for a visual stunner, Elebits is not for you. But if you just want a really fun outing that's every bit as original as it is engaging, I think Elebits is your game. This title is destined for sleeper status.
    More here: http://wii.ign.com/articles/750/750468p2.html

Great stuff, had overlooked this at first. Thanks for the link!

Any idea when the european release date is? 2008?

Comment

Play.com says Dec 22, Amazon UK says March 30.

Comment

VG+ posted mine today... looking forward to this, looks interesting. Anyone played the US version yet?

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo2
          Play.com says Dec 22, Amazon UK says March 30.
          Thank God I didn't cave in and buy a PAL Wii.

Comment

I'll be interested to hear peoples thoughts on this when it starts arriving. It's one of the titles I'm thinking of picking up, but I was a little disappointed to hear that the physics engine isn't 100% (No realistic collisions).

Comment

does sound very interesting and will grab it from some forum members at one point after my other games are done and over with..

too much to buy!! wooo

Comment

Working...
              X