Improved Gamecube picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Improved Gamecube picture

Having got my hands on a Wii I had to try out a few GC titles and I saw an immediate improvement! Would I be right in assuming that the picture seems sharper?

Originally posted by Supergoal
    Having got my hands on a Wii I had to try out a few GC titles and I saw an immediate improvement! Would I be right in assuming that the picture seems sharper?
    Yup. Interestingly enough, Wii's composite picture looks much sharper than my Cube's RGB.

Comment

With component, the image should be the same as before, but the reason for this improvement is that previously, the component leads used the digital av out from the cube, and had an excellent little DAC chip inside them. This chip is now inside the Wii itself, handling all the outputs, which is why it looks so good. (thanks to Lyris for spotting it)

Comment

I thought I was just imagining it! I'm still battling through P.N.03 and I've been able to play it in full screen on my widescreen telly without wincing! I used to have to put the telly in 4:3 mode because it looked so bad. It still looks a little distorted (it's only putting out 4:3 mode after all) but it looks a hell of a lot cleaner and sharper. I'm 'only' using composite BTW.

Comment

I've noticed this too, I'm running a 27" Toshiba HDTV and the image through COMPOSITE from the Wii is much sharper than RGB Scart from the Cube.

Comment

eh? My cube picture was amazing through RGB - far better than the PS2 or Xbox and almost as good as the DC. Wtf's going on here?

Comment

Ah come on guys, you're making out like composite is all right now. What the f**k is the matter with you?

Comment

Definitely using the Wii standard from the box cables It is giving a slightly sharper picture and overall better clarity of colours than the Cube gave me. I don't know what a composite or what ever it is called cable is but I was using the double ended red white and yellow cable for my cube. Where as the Wii I have now only one end of the cable is red white and yellow, the other being a digital connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal
                  Definitely using the Wii standard from the box cables It is giving a slightly sharper picture and overall better clarity of colours than the Cube gave me. I don't know what a composite or what ever it is called cable is but I was using the double ended red white and yellow cable for my cube. Where as the Wii I have now only one end of the cable is red white and yellow, the other being a digital connection.
                  They are both Composite cables. Both are about as ****e as they come as far as video cables go.

Comment

Yeah I kind of figured they did the same thing. However I can't say it enough times, I can see a little improvement. I didn't even have to test a game out. As soon as I loaded up a GC game it was easier to read text, and the textures stood out alittle more.

Comment

Working...
                    X