Datel trying to freeload Wii games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zero9X
    well they could always release an action replay type of hack, just input a new code whenever its updated, they could always save data and stuff or put hacks on an sd card. i dont know how any of it works, but thats just a rough guess.
    The thing is, they could just release a firmware that stops the execution of the Freeloader disc full stop.

As I said, they're unlicenced. The PS2 version of the AR and Swap Magic both use Crazy Taxi files for example, and are pressed in China or someplace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
      As I said, they're unlicenced. The PS2 version of the AR and Swap Magic both use Crazy Taxi files for example, and are pressed in China or someplace.
      Well, you learn something everyday...

Comment

The thing is, they could just release a firmware that stops the execution of the Freeloader disc full stop.

Exploder discs use crazy taxi etc stuff not AR. Freeloader and AR are not made in China. Try the Midlands

Comment

Xploder then :P My point was they're unlicenced

Comment

Datel software has always been unlicenced, booting with hacks. That's why Datel discs are always on dodgy discs pressed in China or someplace, and are nothing like game discs.
            I think most of Datel's discs are actually pressed at their HQ in Stone, Staffordshire.

Comment

So it's going to be called (..sigh..) Fwiiloader then?

Comment

lol I wish I thought of that.

Datel could release something that uses the SD memory so it could be updated whenever the new firmware is update.

Comment

Originally posted by Resonance
                  lol I wish I thought of that.

Datel could release something that uses the SD memory so it could be updated whenever the new firmware is update.
                  That's not going to help if a firmware update comes out that blocks execution of the disc itself though.

Comment

Depends what the disc identifies itself as, if they get it pretending to be an existing game it will be harder for Nintendo to simply not allow.

Comment

Depending on how many people use free loader, will probably depend on what kind of a response it gets from Nintendo. Nintendo have already showed themselves to be stupid by A) region locking & B) offering 50hz crap. Will they go a 3rd step to make themselves look bad against the competition?

Comment

Is it possible that Nintendo can only update the Wii firmware and not the GameCube? I mean, the Wii essentially becomes the white PAL GameCube when it loads a Cube game.. so maybe all they need to do is get a freeloader working on the white cube and bam, imports ahoy.

Comment

A no nonsense Memory card type solution would determine whether or not I buy a US Wii. I'm on the verge of selling my US Platinum and a ton of games because they're no use on my PAL Wii and I've had the cube in the box for some time.

Comment

Working...
                          X