Wing Island - Just like Pilotwings ^_^

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wing Island - Just like Pilotwings ^_^

Could this be the closest thing we'll get to Pilotwings Wii? It's just been announced for a PAL release at the end of March and looks alright. Well it basically looks like Pilotwings 64 - unfortunately so do the graphics - but hell, I can sure live with that! At least there'll be something worth playing this Spring even if Metroid 3 really does get pushed back.

Nintendo's official game page

A new Pilot Wings is pretty near the top of my Wii wish list tbh.

Comment

sadly its been getting pretty poor reviews ... personally i really like the graphics ... i just dislike the stupid formation flying and the fact that it isnt actually pilotwings and hence probably doesnt have all the other great modes ... jetpac ... glider ... parachute ... etc

Comment

Originally posted by ascender View Post
        A new Pilot Wings is pretty near the top of my Wii wish list tbh.
        I bet my left nut we get Pilot Wings on the Wii at some point - it just makes too much sense.

Comment

Actually wasn't there a pre-release tech demo of someone throwing paper aeroplanes? Or was that another machine?

Comment

There are videos of this up on IGN, and sadly it looks dull as dishwater. Really slow and boring.

I would do anything for a proper Wii Pilotwings though.

Comment

I think we'll get Wii Motor Sports first:
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Maybe together with a Wave-Race like game (and I'm also hoping for an Excite Bike).
              Anyway after the enormous amounts of fun I had (and still have) with Wii Sports, it's my most anticipated title right now. I'm just hoping that, albeit the qualitiy of Wii Sports, that they're still giving us a proper Pilotwings and Wave Race at some point.

Originally posted by slowdiagonal
              sadly its been getting pretty poor reviews
              Oh, I'd love to read some of 'em.. do you have links to those?
              I also heard that Wing Island is a little meh.. but I'm still hoping that it isn't too awful.

Comment

Pay attention ladies.

Comment

That motor sports looks ace

Loving the comments on the page with the first video :

JiRocket (1 month ago)
                  wtf how does your wii sports have the air plaane? i couldnt find mine

stepppp (3 hours ago)
                  the wii is a big pile of ****

Pure comedy gold

Comment

Working...
                  X