Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My local Arcade in Japan

Hey guys,
    I went out to Machida today and took some pics of my local arcade.
    Go check em out at www.nozomi.nl and post your favourite pic or game you saw in the pics here! My favourite is the most addictive game this year, Power Smash 3!

Rock on!

Ken

Brilliant! Nothing gets me drooling quite like pics of Japanese arcades

Comment

Im dying to try that gundam game where your isolated in a pod, it looks awesome inside those things.

The sphere projector screen that wraps round the front of you & the fact your isolated from the outside in there.

Comment

I wish we had an arcade scene still

All we ever get now are ****ty gambling arcades never any proper new games just the same old crap

They look so cool especially the whole rows of VF5 machines.

Neil

Comment

this guy has his ps2 pad plugged into the arcade machine??

also, japanese peeps playing half life? wtf? amazing... one thing that i've noticed those arcades do is slam as many music games is as small a space as possible, is it not literally mindblowing to walk through whilst there's a stack of people playing them? imagine 20 different tracks being played at the same time!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crisp_Rapper View Post
            this guy has his ps2 pad plugged into the arcade machine??

also, japanese peeps playing half life? wtf? amazing... one thing that i've noticed those arcades do is slam as many music games is as small a space as possible, is it not literally mindblowing to walk through whilst there's a stack of people playing them? imagine 20 different tracks being played at the same time!!
            Yeah I noticed that looks to me like it's Pro Evo/Winning Eleven he's playing there so maybe a feature Konami have added to allow those more familiar with the PS2 version to play it more comfortably??

Comment

Every Winning eleven cab has those joypads, you don't have to bring them yourself. Guess this kind of stuff would be impossible in the west, even though the pads are stuck to the cab, they would be destroyed within a day. WE arcade kicks ass. Online play Masterleague rocks.

Comment

Out of all the games I got to play out there, I couldn't find a Winning Eleven 2007 machine. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Akihabara View Post
                  Every Winning eleven cab has those joypads, you don't have to bring them yourself. Guess this kind of stuff would be impossible in the west, even though the pads are stuck to the cab, they would be destroyed within a day. WE arcade kicks ass. Online play Masterleague rocks.
                  Arcade i went to in Shinjuku i think it was had no pad on the machine had the port tho. Maybe i needed to ask for the pad?? Some nice Arcade pictures there, can't wait til i'm nxt there.

Comment

It wasn't near Club Sega Shin Nishi was it?

Comment

I like the fact that you can sit down to play arcade games in japan. Most of the ones over here you have to stand up at, which isn't really the best way to play most games.

Is Winning Eleven arcade more 'arcadey' in the gameplay than the console versions?

Comment

Well it doesn't play as Winning Eleven 10, it's a bit more fast paced because matches are shorter. You pay 100Yen and if you win you play another game (max. 3 games), if you draw (or lose...) you're game over.

You can play online, system link, against the cpu or online in a new patch called America League where you get to choose one of the countries from South America. Most fun is of course building your own team, saving it on your card which you can see on the right and get those points you need to buy players.

Comment

LOL.. was looking at your site and I was at that Shinjuku Izakaya Party (December 23rd)

Comment

Oh my Christ, 5 Beatmania IIDX machines in a row??

And to think the Bemani community has been struggling in vain for about 3 or 4 years now just to get a single machine in this country...

Comment

Originally posted by r3z View Post
                              LOL.. was looking at your site and I was at that Shinjuku Izakaya Party (December 23rd)
                              That's pretty sick.

Comment

Working...
                              X