No announcement yet.

Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection - PS3 Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I manage an indie game store and we sell USA PS3 games. We have had some returned because they apparently didn't work on PAL consoles in SD. We now have to double check with everyone who buys them to make sure they have their PS3 connected to a HDTV through component/HDMI. Most folk don't even know. This usually means they have a crappy 15 year old CRT that they bought from ASDA. Maybe Sony will patch the issue with an update at some point? I doubt it though. they don't really want people running imports in the first place.

Comment

Hope this proves to be true:

The latest issue of Famitsu magazine has details on Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection with online versus play!  With the cost of 2800 Yen(1000 Yen if you already downloaded the old version of Tekken 5: D…

Comment

Apparently, it is.

It's in the new Famitsu this week, along with confirmation on Time Crisis 4 on PS3 with Guncon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
          Apparently, it is.

It's in the new Famitsu this week, along with confirmation on Time Crisis 4 on PS3 with Guncon.
          Thats great news on TC4... BUT... how are they gonna implement a light gun game when most folk are moving to TVs thatdont support it?? Honestly though, if they did, I would pre-order it today, I LOVE my Time Crisis games... would be playing TC3 on the PS3 if my LCD TV would allow it

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8 View Post
            ... how are they gonna implement a light gun game when most folk are moving to TVs thatdont support it??
            Which TVs? 100Hz TVs?

There was problems with them previously due to the fact that many (not all) older light guns weren't designed with 100Hz in mind due to the fact that they were limited at the time.

There are no technical reasons for light guns not to work with the latest TVs as long as they are designed with them in mind. TC4 has been confirmed as HD on the PS3 so you would imagine that they would build a gun which supports those TVs.

(PS3) Tekken 5: DR Online Added

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution-One View Post
              Which TVs? 100Hz TVs?

There was problems with them previously due to the fact that many (not all) older light guns weren't designed with 100Hz in mind due to the fact that they were limited at the time.

There are no technical reasons for light guns not to work with the latest TVs as long as they are designed with them in mind. TC4 has been confirmed as HD on the PS3 so you would imagine that they would build a gun which supports those TVs.

(PS3) Tekken 5: DR Online Added
              Honestly?? I have no idea which TVs the old TC games work with and which ones dont, I just know TC3 with the GCon didnt work with my mates HDTV.

But thats good news on it being confirmed for HD on the PS3, cheers for the info evolution, this is def one to look out for!!

Comment

I've seen lightguns for LCD's before, though I didn't pay much attention because they weren't Saturn compatible.

Comment

Glad to see they've added a practice mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8 View Post
                    Honestly?? I have no idea which TVs the old TC games work with and which ones dont, I just know TC3 with the GCon didnt work with my mates HDTV.

But thats good news on it being confirmed for HD on the PS3, cheers for the info evolution, this is def one to look out for!!
                    You're right - the old style "light guns" definately don't work on 100hz TV's (I had one) - not sure about HDTV's but I'd imagine they don't.

A few companies got around this by making guns which had an attachment much like the wii's sensor bar which sat above the TV and detected where you were aiming that way - I'd imagine that's what this will use !!!

Comment

Yeah, there are 2 "issues" with the light guns really:

1) Incomparability with different Htz sets.
                      2) Older guns scan the electron beams that CRT sets ouput, newer sets don't do that at all.

They've said that you will attatch a marker on either side of the screen in this and the gun will triangulate your position.

Comment

Additions to the single player (Practice/Survival modes) along with US pricing confirmed ($9.99 for the upgrade, $19.99 for the whole shebang). Also:

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online will feature Opti Match, Quick Match, Custom Match and Friend Match, in addition to a viewing mode for matches already in progress.
                        Are they on the right online service?

Comment

Working...
                        X