X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photos of new Bluray PS3 remote

Just got these today:
    Nice and close up

looks like the old PS2 DVD remote, right down to the fiddly number buttons you cannot press in the dark.

Comment

Very nice. Oh, and is that an eject button I spy.

Where are you getting your movies from? Are they region free at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by Fastslyfox View Post
        Very nice. Oh, and is that an eject button I spy.

Where are you getting your movies from? Are they region free at the moment?
        You're thinking of HD DVD. Blu-ray is region locked and DRM'ed to the max.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
          Actually a lot of BDs (not sure if it's all) seem to be region free at the moment. That's not the plan forever, though.

Looks like a decent enough remote, but I'd still prefer it if they'd stuck a bloody IR port on there so that I can use my Harmony like I can with everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirotic View Post
            looks like the old PS2 DVD remote, right down to the fiddly number buttons you cannot press in the dark.
            my thoughts exactly... have sony actually got ANY designers who took an ergonomics class?!

Comment

I have that remote and it works a charm with bluetooth, it even works in the other room, why you need this option mind is beyond me but a nice feature I guess

MI3 looks good but the HD-DVD has it pipped as there's some slight grain on show.

Best two blu-ray's so far, Kingdom of heaven and SWAT

Comment

Black Hawk Down is supposed to be very impressive as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post

bwahahah BzzzT! Watch this space dood! HD-DVD +will+ be region coded and DRM'ed also very soon.

Comment

What is Drm'd? Ta.

Comment

Region isn't even that big of a deal, since JPN, US and HK PS3's all share the same Blu-Ray region.

Anyway, NCSX dispatched my remote about a day or so ago, can't wait. Sure, it's not the best thing ever, but it suits the machine nicely, just like the 360 Universal Media Remote.

Comment

What a boring looking remote, a bit like the PS3 controller, is it only me who expects some innovation? I really like the 360's media remote, it's so easy to navigate the buttons and the backlight works well, this just looks fiddly again!

Comment

360 remote is brill, been using it all week on my HD-DVD and aside from the fact that the Eject doesn;t eject the HD-DVD, it's really nice, the buttons are all in natural positions etc.

But I think the PS3 one is fine. Just 'fine' mind you, but enough for me to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by NeilMcRae View Post
                            bwahahah BzzzT! Watch this space dood! HD-DVD +will+ be region coded and DRM'ed also very soon.
                            There's nothing in the spec for region coding so that'd need to be amended long before they could implement anything, and they're both DRMed already. The difference there is that HD DVD has the managed copy system which would allow, for example, for you to make a protected copy (meaning you couldn't make a copy of a copy) onto the hard drive of a media center, which should be used whenever Vista MCE comes out thanks to the support of Microsoft. Blu-ray has no comparable system.

In fact managed copy is the main reason why Disney and Fox are on the BD train, since you can set your watch by those two going to the format with the most stringent copy protection. They were the two biggest proponents and last holdouts of DIVX when that tanked, simply because it was more heavily protected and gave them more control compared to DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by AllYourBase View Post
                              What a boring looking remote, a bit like the PS3 controller, is it only me who expects some innovation? I really like the 360's media remote, it's so easy to navigate the buttons and the backlight works well, this just looks fiddly again!
                              could not agree with you more that Blue Peter remote looks as cheap & nasty as the PS3 controller. Sony have had more time & plenty of good example (see 360) to get this stuff right but they continue to insist on digging their own grave.

Comment

Working...
                              X