NGamer 6 - Feb 07 Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NGamer 6 - Feb 07 Scores

This dropped through the letterbox this morning, so here are the details.

Wii
    Warioware: Smooth Moves - 83
    Excite Truck - 77
    Trauma Center Second Opinion - 84
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance - 65
    Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 - 81
    Ice Age 2 The Meltdown - 70
    Splinter Cell Double Agent - 71
    Open Season - 60
    Rapala Tournament Fishing - 50
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy - 44

DS
    Castlevania Portrait of Ruin - 78
    Star Fox Command - 85
    Jump Ultimate Stars - 82
    Tokyo Friend Pack II - 78
    Tank Beat - 51
    Minna No Curling DS - 70
    Superman Returns - 20
    Charlotte's Web - 39
    Star Trek: Tactical Assault - 62
    Monster Bomber - 58
    Puzzle Series 5: Slitherlink - 80
    Zoids: Battle Colosseum - 65
    Cartoon Network Racing - 24
    Lionel Trains On Track - 54
    Horsez - 55

GBA
    Rayman Raving Rabbids - 44

PREVIEWS - Wii
    Elebits, Heroes, Super Mario Galaxy, Animal Crossing, Big Brain academy, DK Bongo Blast, Bust-a-Move Bash, Mario Kart, Mario Party 9, Harry Potter, Battalion Wars, Devil Kings,Metroid Prime Corruption, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Super Paper Mario, Machi Kuru Domino, Hajime No Ippo, Heatseeker, Harvest Moon, Ennichi No Tatsujin, Final Furlong, Final Fantasy CC, Wing Island, The Sims Wii, Pro Evo Soccer, Medal of Honor Airborne, SSBB, The Godfather, Dance Factory, Forever Blue, SSS, Kororinpa, Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting, Tamagotchi Sparkling President, Time Crisis, Tiger Woods, Ready 2 Rumble 3, Samurai Warriors Wave, Mercury Type R, SD Gundam, Sonic & the Secret Rings, Thorn, Snoopy & The Red Baron, Sadness, The River King, Spider-Man 3, Wii Motor Sports, Resi: Umbrella Chronicles, Leaderboard Golf, Let's Go By Train, Cooking Mama, Kirby, Guitar Hero II, Dragon Quest Swords, Pac-Man Carnival, Darkness, One Piece Unlimted Adv, Mario Strikers Charged, Mortal Kombat, Naruto, Necho-Nesia, Prince of Persia, Donkey Kong.

PREVIEWS - DS
    Zelda, Phantom Hourglass, Harvest Moon, Diddy Kong Racing, Lost in Blue 2, Brain Training 2, Hotel Dusk, Spectrobes, Chibi-Robo Park Patrol, It's a Wonderful World.

WORLD OF NINTENDO
    Top 20 Nintendo happenings
    Another 20 things to do with your Wii
    Zelda: TO map & tips
    Seeing is Believing: Wii games tips & titbits
    Mailbox
    NGamer Wii Sports League
    Wii Challenges
    Virtual Console Guide.

On the DVD
    Zelda's Secrets - Final 5 Dungeons Solved
    76 Mins of Zelda tips
    Your Wii's hidden features
    Video reviews of Wii games
    Bleach, Elebits, Warioware, Random trailser, NGamer Photos, USB Toys
    Last edited by RetroEd; 30-12-2006, 13:31.

I thought percent scores went out with the ark.

Do you get the impression from reading it that they judge games as Wii games in a single-format vacuum, or relative to what you could play elsewhere? It's just I've heard very bad things about the Wii version of Splinter Cell DA but that score doesn't really reflect that.

Also what are these 'hidden features'? Is it something worth buying the mag for?

Comment

Hmm, 70 for Minna no Curling? I'm not a curling fan but I imported anyway and I wouldn't rate it that high. Although I suppose if you're into the sport...

How is this mag in general btw? Seems to do some import reviews which is a big plus.

Comment

Guitar Hero II for Wii!? Is it going to use a guitar controller or are they going to mess it up by using the Wiimote.

And what does it say in the preview for Resident Evil Wii?

Comment

quick question... is the NGamer magazine any good?

Comment

Now that I think about it, I'm gonna guess that some of those games in the preview section were just made up out of thin air.

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
              quick question... is the NGamer magazine any good?
              It used to be N64 magazine, then NGC magazine. I haven't really bought it since the N64 mag days so I couldn't say what it was like now.

Comment

oh thanks anyway mr sockochris

if i have a spare 4 quid hanhging around, might check it out.

Comment

When it was known as N64 Magazine the quality of the reviews, previews etc was fairly solid. I still have some of the first issues (actually, thinking about it, i think i have pretty much ALL the N64 ones) and i can remember the Zelda OOT, MM, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark reviews being particularly well written. I used to like their style... i dont like it when magazines are too bouncy, nor when they are stuck up somewhere not too pleasant. They pretty much got it spot on imo...

The quality was still good during the NGC days, but not nearly as good...

And now... sadly i'm not overly impressed. Have bought a copy of issues on the basis i used to like their magazines but was quickly put off. Shame really. Not bad by any means, but not as great as it ones was.

Heh, i fancy dusting off issue 8 to read the Goldeneye review again now! (i think it was 8, could have been 9)

ps. also my opinion isn't based on the fact i am bloody jelous of their writers because i would love to write for a magazine! *smiles*

Anyhoo, sorry, i drifted a little off track there. Concerning this issue, there seems to be an awful lot of good games previewed. I am very interested in the new Resident Evil (esp after replaying Remake, my goodness what a truly captivatingly tense experience, i forgot how much i enjoyed it). It would be interesting to see what they say about it, if anything new
                  Last edited by Adam Stone; 30-12-2006, 21:49.
                  ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
                    oh thanks anyway mr sockochris

if i have a spare 4 quid hanhging around, might check it out.

It costs ?5.

Comment

oh damn... dont know if i can splurge that much... I'll stick with ONM

Comment

Mainly costs a fiver coz of the dvd. I like it, it's massively more enthusiastic than most other games magazines, gladly does importss and doesn't take itself too seriously.

Comment

Working...
                        X