No announcement yet.

The PS2, Party Games and Multitaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I definately think the best multiplayer games are single screen, no split screen. Bomberman & sports games are the best examples. Splitting the screen 4 ways is fine if you've got at least a 28" 16:9 TV but it can get cramped on anything smaller.

A touch off-topic, but what kit is needed to play Unreal Tournament or TimeSplitters 2 over iLink or a LAN using the Network Adapter on the PlayStation2?

Cheers,

Dunedin397

Comment

For TS2 or GT3 get an i-link 6-way hub from Game - about 50 quid including cables!

Otherwise you can just use a router or spare network cards in your PC for LAN play (not with GT3)

Comment

Originally posted by roobarb
        For TS2 or GT3 get an i-link 6-way hub from Game - about 50 quid including cables!

Otherwise you can just use a router or spare network cards in your PC for LAN play (not with GT3)
        Just to expand on this, if the Network Adapter is used with say, 4 PS2s, we'd need a router? What would the settings would be required for the Network Adapter on each machine?

I'm thinking here of a LAN just with PS2s, no PCs for a LAN party.

Cheers,

Dunedin397

Comment

I think as long as your PS2's have network adapter config files using the same first 3 sections in the IP address then it should work fine without a PC.

If you want to connect to your mates PS2s via GIT over the internet though then you obviously need a PC to run the GIT software

Comment

Working...
          X