Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toe Jam and Earl (Megadrive / Genesis)

Read the VCA Tom Jam and Earl review!

Lost count of the vast number of times I traded in my old MD titles for this little beauty. Absolutely adored it 'back in the day' and it's still a cracker today.

Comment

Oh baby, I loved this game! This shall be the first game I probably get on this VC malarky then!

Comment

Great game - downloaded it this week and I still love it - so funky and crazy too!

I wonder if they'll release TJ&E 2 - Panic on Funkatron as well?! Hope so

EDIT: can't access the 'Tom Jam and Earl review' though - is it because it is spelt incorrectly?

Comment

No, it's cos the site is currently down. We're moving over to the NTSC-UK servers at the moment. Bear with us!

Comment

Okey-Dokey

Comment

This'll probably be the first VC game I buy too and possibly the only one I'll buy that I've already played a good deal of already. I haven't played it in years but I absolutely loved it, it was so different, if a little slow moving.

I'd live to see the sequel, I think I like that one even more because of all the secret passageways you can find. My friend who owned it at the time didn't even know about them and was just playing it as a simple platformer.

There used to be this internet thing that was broadcast late at night on one of the german channels on sky, it was a cartoony looking online world that people were logged onto and talking in real time. The layout was so similar to the Toejam and Earl world. No point to this story, it just reminded me of it

Comment

How could you guys do this to me? I only ever had nintendo consoles in the past so when it comes to downloading other systems games I rely on your reviews (which have all been accurate apart from this one).

As this got 4 stars I downloaded it and was gutted . I now see that you have ammended the review to put it to 3 stars and added a bit about don't blame us if you don't like it - too late for me I'm afraid . As that wasn't there when I downloaded this game I would like to state, for the record, that I don't like it AND I blame you!

BTW, before anyone asks, I don't like marmite either.

Comment

I think many people might argue that this game is worth 4 stars. We've just been doing a bit of tidying up with some of the reviews and upon second thoughts we felt this game may not be to everyone's tastes. We're just trying to make the reviews as balanced as possible and avoid scores based on nostalgic memories.

Comment

Working...
                  X