Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mario 64 (N64)

Read the VCA Mario 64 review!

This, in my opinion, is easily the best game released on VC to date and definately the one I've had most fun playing. Finding and reaching all 120 stars was very challenging and I was surprised by how much of the game I'd forgotten. Rediscovering the stages was a beautiful, warm trip down memory lane.

I downloaded Super Mario World a few days ago. Finding all 96 exits was very enjoyable and the game certainly remains a classic but it's just not on the same level as Mario 64.

Comment

What controller was the best for M64?

Comment

Originally posted by djjimbob View Post
        What controller was the best for M64?
        I quite like using the classic controller myself, but the wavebird proves more than acceptable

Comment

Not tried Mario 64 with the Wavebird but the Classic Controller was certainly up to the job. Ideally I wish there was an adaptor available to allow use of the original N64 pad. Maybe someone will release one.

Comment

I've been back to playing some of this again tonight. Everytime I put it on and start playing I start to remember how much of a classic and amazing game it is. I was doing the Dire Dire Docks level, I love the music when you get out of the water at the other end of the level (the music changes depending on where you are, for those of you who may not know). Now I'm a good 50 stars into it, it's starting to get hard, but not the frustrating kind of difficulty you get in most games. I was doing a stage where you have to jump onto moving polls, and when I fell off because of a miss timed jump, I just smiled it off instead of throwing the pad. I hope Super Mario Galaxy brings this level of difficulty into that game, as rumour has it that it maybe a bit easy.

To me it's still a great looking game all these years later, thanks to it running in Pro Scan, looks fantastic and it's brill playing it with the Wave Bird.

I will never get tired of this masterpiece of a game.

Edit: Here's a music remix of the level I was talking about, it's one of my favourite video game remixes. It's from the popular OC Remix site.
            Last edited by MarioMark; 18-07-2007, 23:42.

Comment

Working...
            X