Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAL Wii Virtual Console- 26th Jan- Mario Kart 64 + News Channel Live!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made the mistake of buying this. Bordered on 4 sides! I really need to get my Xbox fixed, MK64 looked so much better on it.

Comment

Originally posted by bignige View Post
      Made the mistake of buying this. Bordered on 4 sides! I really need to get my Xbox fixed, MK64 looked so much better on it.

There's something wrong with your TV then. Mine displays completely unbordered. No game has ever been 'matchboxed' as you describe.

The game is definitely slower than the NTSC version that's why there are different time trial record tables, but at 150cc difficulty it feels plenty speedy enough.

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
        I had a US N64 and my mate had a Pal one and at the tiem I don't remember there being any difference in actual gameplay speed. Was a long while ago though so I mya be wrong.
        You have a bad memory, they were like two different games.

Comment

Originally posted by bignige View Post
          It's called Picture in Picture!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperCoolAl View Post
            There's something wrong with your TV then. Mine displays completely unbordered. No game has ever been 'matchboxed' as you describe.

The game is definitely slower than the NTSC version that's why there are different time trial record tables, but at 150cc difficulty it feels plenty speedy enough.
            hmm, maybe there's just something wrong with the way the wii displays a picture on my TV? Every other console I have displays games fine. Are you playing on an LCD TV via component?

Comment

I said what I'm playing on earlier, simply a 4:3 CRT, through composite... I know

Comment

What's happening is your TV is overscanning massively to remove the borders. Many plasmas and LCDs (such as what myself and I assume bignige are using) do not overscan to anywhere near the same amount, if at all. The overscan on my plasma seems almost non-existant.

Whilst the upside of the overscan is that bordered games can often appear unbordered, anything that is 'true' full screen will actually result in bits of the screen being missing as the rendered display is off the sides of your screen.

Comment

Oh right I may be wrong then. Just on games like Sonic for example I can see the borders, but on this one I can't.

We do have an LCD downstairs though, next time I plug in there I'll compare. But I know for sure Super Mario 64 never had borders on all sides on that TV, I can't remember if there were top/bottom borders or not, and if there were they were tiny enough to be unnoticeable.

Comment

Oh right I may be wrong then. Just on games like Sonic for example I can see the borders, but on this one I can't.

We do have an LCD downstairs though, next time I plug in there I'll compare. But I know for sure Super Mario 64 never had borders on all sides on that TV, I can't remember if there were top/bottom borders or not, and if there were they were tiny enough to be unnoticeable.
                    SM64 on my LCD just has top & bottom borders.

Comment

Working...
                    X