Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long until Nintendo 'blow their load'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long until Nintendo 'blow their load'?

I mean, they have already released some of their key games merely 2 months in. If they carry on at this rate in a years time will they have enough to go on?

Once the Zeldas, Marios, Mario Karts, Metroids have dried up they are left with somewhat B List franchise releases I suppose. Guess for a few months of the year we will see a lot of filler, but I certainly don't see a great line up in, say, 2 years time - most worthy games will be out already.

Then we may get updated versions for a cost =p

Nintendo may use most of their key titles within a year, but as long as they have publishers co-operation to release one of their older great titles, then Nintendo will have plenty to bring in the cash. Of course many publishers have gone bust, and the rights of certain series are left to die...
    But by this time Nintendo will be pushing for more original content on the VC.

Comment

yup dont forget about the NEW games heading to VC, ala Xbox live arcade.

I'm looking forward to it and I think Nintendo will probably have some crackers on there, at least I hope so

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
        I mean, they have already released some of their key games merely 2 months in. If they carry on at this rate in a years time will they have enough to go on?

Once the Zeldas, Marios, Mario Karts, Metroids have dried up they are left with somewhat B List franchise releases I suppose. Guess for a few months of the year we will see a lot of filler, but I certainly don't see a great line up in, say, 2 years time - most worthy games will be out already.
        A new Pikmin wouldn't go amiss. Then again, I'd be happy with any new orginal (non party) games in a similar vein. The Mario, Zelda franchises all started somewhere, so why not something completely new, or perhaps resurrect an old title.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
          A new Pikmin wouldn't go amiss. Then again, I'd be happy with any new orginal (non party) games in a similar vein. The Mario, Zelda franchises all started somewhere, so why not something completely new, or perhaps resurrect an old title.
          Pikmin is likely to appear but not on VC but as a full blown game.

I think Nintendo should start selling all major GCN Releases (Re-release them) for $19.99/?9.99

It could be a selling point as alot of people I know have looked for gamecube games to play on their wii but not had much luck.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post

I dont think so, remember there are a lot of great games on the NES, SNES, MD, N64 and PC Engine and it will take a long while for them to get everything out but they need to release the odd 'big' franchise game to whip up excitement for the VC. Also keep in mind that this time of year is the slowest for the games industry and there is not an awful lot coming out in the next few months.

Comment

can always hope perhaps they remake games aswell (i dont mind that providing the originals have been released)

Comment

So, NES/SNES/MD/TG16/N64... Say there's an average of 20 games on each that are MUST HAVES, that's 100 games. At the moment, they're releasing one must have game every few weeks (if that). At this rate - 200 weeks, 4 years-ish.

But does it matter? In 4 years someone's gonna buy a Wii who hasn't owned one before, and have well over 500 games to choose from, probably won't care that no major new ones are on the way.

Gotta remember it's not just Nintendo's franchises that are gonna be released, here, too.

Comment

Remember they also said a "Game channel" could well appear with original new games to download...

Imagine a wii exclusive mario game :|

Comment

Originally posted by Boggy View Post
                    Remember they also said a "Game channel" could well appear with original new games to download...

Imagine a wii exclusive mario game :|
                    Thats been confirmed now hasn't it.

A Wii exclusive Mario game (Super Mario Galaxy maybe )

Comment

Originally posted by The Mole View Post
                      Thats been confirmed now hasn't it.

A Wii exclusive Mario game (Super Mario Galaxy maybe )
                      Mario Galaxy is a Wii disc game. This is about downloadable Xbox Live Arcade style smaller games.

Comment

Once they have released their most popular, better known games from the nes/snes/n64 catalogue is when the VC content actually gets interesting - the potential of playing games which I have no clue about, which have completely passed me by is what excites about VC content, much more than playing the same games that I absolutely hammered when they originally appeared.

Here's hoping that Nintendo see sense and allow us to purchase VC content from any region market ....

Comment

i want mortal kombat on vc but seeing its a nintendo console we might not get it

Comment

why?

Mortal Kombat 1 and 2 were both released on the snes ...

Comment

i wouldnt mind seeing some 32x games like virtua racing

there are tons of arcade games that never got a console release like the arcade sequel to golden axe think it was called return of death adder or something (think it was ALOT better then the megadrive sequels)
                              Last edited by eastyy; 04-02-2007, 10:27.

Comment

Working...
                              X