Wii 480p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wii 480p

Ive seen comparisons for 480i vs 480p in Zelda and other games etc and ill be picking some component cables up once I get a new TV as the difference is quite clear. However I just wondering, to those of you who have component cables is there a big difference in the web browser, shop channel, news channel and forecast channel? Some of that stuff can be quite hard to read if you dont zoom in real close.

Cheers.

480p usually boosts up the sharpness of the image , so you should benifit a little bit in the web browser etc.

Comment

I didn't notice a big difference on the Wii frontend (I'd assume that'll include the other channels since they look similar) but the difference for games like Zelda really is night and day.

Comment

main reason the text is hard to read is quite simply the lack of reosolution SD has really, I doubt a component cable would improve it much, websites are designed to be views in 800x600 up now rather than 640x480 so the browser is scaling it all to fit into a lower resolution hence the fuzzy text, a HD firmware update for stuff like the webbrowser and dashboard would be nice as it's not as if viewing websites uses much processing power. How the Dreamcast browser got around the resolution thing was that it actually zoomed in slightly all the time but this is also far from ideal as that involved scrolling left-right as well as vertically, something which is far from ideal tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by NekoFever View Post
          I didn't notice a big difference on the Wii frontend (I'd assume that'll include the other channels since they look similar) but the difference for games like Zelda really is night and day.
          Unfortunately the channels menu is flicker-filtered to hell, which is why there's barely any difference. Some games are pretty heavily flicker-filtered too. (Trauma Centre is, iirc)

Comment

I find gamecube prog scan games and wii games that use prog scan very jaggie! more so then composite which makes component look worse imo!

Comment

well they ain't really jaggy, it's just that they're a low resolution and prog scan highlights/shows this more as it hasn't got the interlace to hide behind.

Comment

Working...
              X