Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US VC games - 5th Feb - Super Mario World / Vigilante

US VC games - 5th Feb - Super Mario World / Vigilante

Great day for North American gamers! 2 out of 3 ain't bad!!

Super Mario World - Super NES

Vigilante - TurboGrafx-16 / PC Engine

Gain Ground - Sega Genesis / Megadrve
    Last edited by AllYourBase; 05-02-2007, 12:57.

Super Mario World, finally. YAY!

Comment

I know what I'll be doing tonight. What's the buttons on the VC pad? They're not like Super Mario Bros. are they? As in the run and jump buttons in a akward place on the pad.
      Last edited by MarioMark; 05-02-2007, 13:01.

Comment

You absolute ****ing beauty. That's my evening sorted then.

Comment

Originally posted by Selix View Post
          I know what I'll be doing tonight. What's the buttons on the VC pad? They're not like Super Mario Bros. are they? As in the run and jump buttons in a akward place on the pad.
          If you use the classic controller it is placed like the SNES, in other words perfect! I would imagine the gamecube controller isn't perfect for this game tbh!

Comment

Yeah, damn D-Pad!

Comment

Originally posted by AllYourBase View Post
              If you use the classic controller it is placed like the SNES, in other words perfect! I would imagine the gamecube controller isn't perfect for this game tbh!
              Ace! I love the VC classic pad.

Comment

It's perfect for SNES games that's for sure! I think the gamecube controller is ok for mario kart 64 and mario 64 but not for any other games I have tried. Classic controller all the way! It's got a great D-pad!

Comment

The Gamecube controller is absolutely crap for games like Donkey Kong Country and Super Probotector. I would say it'd also be poor for SMW as well.

Comment

Totally agree. I tend to use the Wavebird for the N64 games and the classic controller for the 2D stuff.

Comment

They're up now.

Comment

Anyone know if the US Vigilante is edited or different from the JP one. I was gonna buy the JP one but didn't expect the US one to come so soon and wanna get it, but not if it's messed with.

Comment

I couldn't help but buy Super Mario World again, despite having already bought it (again) on GBA. What a classic, and with the classic pad pure gaming bliss.

Might get Vigilante too but I can't remember if it's any good or not.

Comment

It's the best digital focussed pad since the Saturn. Truly superb!

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                              It's the best digital focussed pad since the Saturn. Truly superb!
                              I wholeheartedly agree.

If I have to be honest I was more surprised and welcomed by the Classic Controller than the Wii Remote! Although I have only downloaded a few games, I cannot remember when I last played a game without even thinking that I have an object in my hand.

It is the best thing about the Wii experience so far, as daft as it sounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X