Are VC games easier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are VC games easier?

This might sound strange. When I was a kid I played these games for hours on end taking days and weeks to finish some. However I'm flying through the VC games. I must add I did play them on 50hz PAL SNES, now I'm on a 60Hz US Wii is this the difference?
    The two I'm playing are Castlevania and Mario world, originally I found these very hard now they seem easy. And I'm sure it isn't my game skills, I hardly play these days and my dexterity must have gone down with age.

So are they easier? Has going 60hz make them easier or is it my imagination?

It's your imagination, you are probably just a better gamer these days!

Comment

I?m having the opposite problem. I used to fly through Super Mario Bros now I get killed by mere goombas - I ran like a train into the first one twice.

Comment

Super Mario has gotten harder for me aswell!

We are just being paranoid though, the games are exactly the same. Nintendo would not go to the effort of updating them after all :P

Comment

I don't think going from 50Hz to 60Hz would necessarily make them that much harder. It's probably a mixture of becoming a better gamesplayer and, depending on how good your memory is, knowing what to expect.

I found re-playing Super Mario World a breeze, while F-Zero on anything but 'beginner' a real struggle. I'm also finding the combat side in Zelda: A link to the Past rather testing despite flying through the puzzly bits.

Comment

I think the sfc version of super mario world is way harder.

early levels confirm this.

Comment

I don't remember the last Boss on Super Castlevania being that hard. Age has dulled my reflexes

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                I?m having the opposite problem. I used to fly through Super Mario Bros now I get killed by mere goombas - I ran like a train into the first one twice.
                Word im total lame at old games now I cant even jump on a floating platform etc, so out of practice.

I just ****ing hate floating platforms in general, I have an absolute girly fit playing the sky level on Jackie Chan, ive never got ppassed it :/

Comment

Originally posted by AllYourBase View Post
                  It's your imagination, you are probably just a better gamer these days!
                  I think that's the case for me. I remember finding Castlevania IV pretty damn hard when I played it originally, but I've breezed through what I've played so far on the VC.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                    I think that's the case for me. I remember finding Castlevania IV pretty damn hard when I played it originally, but I've breezed through what I've played so far on the VC.
                    That's exactly what's happening to me on Castlevania Maybe I subconsciously remember what's coming up ?

Comment

easier because you can pause the game at any point and go back to the same bit later

Comment

Personally I think if your using the classic controller that makes things easier the D pad is just brilliant going back to SMW with a snes pad would make it harder I reckon.

Comment

Working...
                        X