Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody Votes Channel

Everybody Votes Channel on Nintendo Wii

I woke up this morning to find a notification that I could download the new surprise "Everybody Votes Channel"

It's probably gonna be quite interesting if you have a few contestents. Basically Nintendo have a series of questions your Miis can answer, when the polls end you will get scores based on if you have predicted correctly.

As usual the interface is very Nintendo with large buttons and popups everywhere. The music is also very sickly. You can submit your own question for Nintendo to review. As I was very unimaginative I submitted:

"Which do you prefer: Pizza or Burgers?"

I thought I would have more chance of getting that published seeing as the other questions where classics like "Do you prefer cats or dogs?"
    Last edited by AllYourBase; 14-02-2007, 08:27.

Downloaded this in the wee hours this morning. Like the weather channel, it's region-specific and, subsequently, the majority of polls are tied down to your selected country. To be honest, I have difficulty caring if Brazilians consider roses a more romantic Valentine's Day gift than roses. Still, it's free so shouldn't grumble too much.

Comment

It's a bitch that all this stuff is region specific. Let's face it though the questions are never going to get that political are they?

Comment

Sounds facinating. ;-)

Comment

I hope they incorporate questions about future VC Downloads which would be a good way to see what the buying public (us) want.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel007 View Post
            I hope they incorporate questions about future VC Downloads which would be a good way to see what the buying public (us) want.
            Yeah that's sort of what I was hoping for when I saw the notification. It is a great way for Nintendo to get feedback from actual users, I hope they use it!

Comment

I wonder how many people we can get to submit "Should the PAL VC support 480p mode?"

Comment

My proposed question was Which is better: Home Alone 1 or 2?

Comment

Don't forget the PAL VC 50/60Hz question...

Comment

I'm really impressed with Nintendo's UI design now, it's beautiful stuff. This is perhaps the slickest channel yet, but also the most pointless.

What I would like to see, if it's technically possible, would be for the web browser, news, store etc to all be in 720p. They're so simple they can't be taxing the system much, and would make them look so much crisper on an HDTV.

Comment

Originally posted by erhgiez View Post
                      My proposed question was Which is better: Home Alone 1 or 2?
                      Somebody send in 'Daddy or chips?'

Comment

Oh yes, the worldwide results are in, the winner is...

Well you'll just have to log on to see, but there may be a few unhappy NTSC-ers out there

Comment

Working...
                        X