EU Virtual Console - 16/03/07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU Virtual Console - 16/03/07

The following games are currently found on the European server (thanks to a poster on N-Europe) complete with screenshots:

- Splatterhouse (TG16)
    - Ice Climbers (NES)
    - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)

Splatterhouse is already confirmed on Hudson's site so that's 100% coming tonight. The other two are very likely to appear alongside that one.

And yet the wait for LttP continues. Going to stay far away from that TMNT, have nightmares still from trying to beat it as a kid.

Comment

Can't wait, I'll be having Turtles & Splatterhouse.

Turtles was rock solid back in the day, but can't wait to give it another go, the swimming level took me absolute ages to do. Splatterhouse is aces.

Comment

Originally posted by Manaman View Post
        The following games are currently found on the European server (thanks to a poster on N-Europe) complete with screenshots:

- Splatterhouse (TG16)
        - Ice Climbers (NES)
        - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)

Splatterhouse is already confirmed on Hudson's site so that's 100% coming tonight. The other two are very likely to appear alongside that one.
        Those three are official up now.

Comment

just got turtles,its good fun, but very hard,

Comment

Splatterhouse...... looks like I'll be making my first VC purchases tonight

Hmm, I didn't know that Rick had a red mask in the US TG16 version. I hope it's a white mask version up for us in PAL land :|
            Last edited by babs; 16-03-2007, 07:57.

Comment

Bah, according to the comments on vc-review, it is indeed the red mask version

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel007 View Post
                Can't wait, I'll be having Turtles & Splatterhouse.

Turtles was rock solid back in the day, but can't wait to give it another go, the swimming level took me absolute ages to do. Splatterhouse is aces.
                Ace, so it's the free roaming Turtles game and not the other that's based on the arcade version? (the one that's just come out on the 360)

I hope it's on the US server on Monday. This game was rock hard back then, I had it on the C64, but thanks to the save state option you get on the Wii I'll finally be able to finish it!

Way too much Turtles stuff coming out at the moment! I want it all and I'm 23 FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by Selix View Post
                  Ace, so it's the free roaming Turtles game and not the other that's based on the arcade version? (the one that's just come out on the 360)

I hope it's on the US server on Monday. This game was rock hard back then, I had it on the C64, but thanks to the save state option you get on the Wii I'll finally be able to finish it!

Way too much Turtles stuff coming out at the moment! I want it all and I'm 23 FFS!
                  Yes, and it's blooming harder than I remembered .

Anyone playing it over Composite? - I'm playing it through Component and it seems to be quite buggy whilst jumping around and such, was it always this buggy?. I'll try it through Composite tonight to see if it runs any smoother.

Comment

The Nerd prepares to go all "cowabunga" and ninja, as he reviews the game Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the NES. This is Angry Video Game Nerd episode 5. ...

Still a good game if you're up for a challenge, though.

I remember being really jealous of both my cousins because they had the NES version and I only had the Amiga version, which looked all rubbery and strange despite the Amiga's superior hardware. Maybe it was a port of the C64 version?

Comment

That video is great, I remember playing that game so much as a kid and loving every minute of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel007 View Post
                        Yes, and it's blooming harder than I remembered .

Anyone playing it over Composite? - I'm playing it through Component and it seems to be quite buggy whilst jumping around and such, was it always this buggy?. I'll try it through Composite tonight to see if it runs any smoother.
                        I just remember it having loads of clipping issues.

Comment

remember you can switch turtles at any time by pressing select, forgot this tactic last night, im doing allot better now

Comment

Originally posted by Selix View Post
                            I just remember it having loads of clipping issues.
                            Yeah it had pretty bad flicker, but then so did most NES games. I think this must have pushed the machine pretty hard.

Comment

anyone got ice climbers yet, not played this before, is it worth a go ?

Comment

Working...
                              X