No announcement yet.

Psyvariar Reloaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saur, what happened to the bosses white lasers? Is that what you meant about the frame rate of the video?

Comment

Valley's a total walkthru man

No seriously, Saur you blitzed that level. I never do Valley anymore but my highest on Volcano is 4737. I would love to see you do Graviton.

Do you always sit on the bottom of the screen when Crek-G fires the pink streams downwards? I always go straight for the wings and stay the hell up there soaking that buzz up. Obviously you like to play it risky

Marky, your vid is pretty impressive too. I can get up to 1123 on Earth, just learned where I an pull another 100 from

Comment

SICK!!11!1!!!!1! 8)

But, no matter how many times I watch this game being played well (I've gone through the Capture DVD several times) I just can't seem to grasp what the player is doing so can't transfer it to my own play.

To me, it just looks like your sitting in the middle of the screen absorbing bullets that by all rights should be killing you. I know HOW the buzz system is supposed to work but you don't seem to edging against those bullets but running straight into.

I mean, on the boss you are right up against one if the points where it fires, yet you don't get hit at all. It's just not right

Still impressive all the same.

Comment

Impressive as always Saur.

I was taking a break from the game, haven't played it for a few weeks, those vids are SO good though they have inspired me to start playing again.

Comment

Excellent video.

Excuse my ignorance, but having not played Psyvariar i'm confused as to how you're not dieing. It looks like you're flying straight into bullets. Do you have some shield system or something?

Just out of interest, how long does it take you to learn shooters and bullet patterns? I play shooters for hours but it all looks like random patterns to me! I take it that most shooters dont have 100% random enemy attacks and bullet waves?

Comment

In psyvariar, when you level up by scratching your wings on the edges of ships or bullets or by shooting things, you become invincible for a fraction of a second. So then you can just fly through other bullets, which levels you up again, thus becoming invincible for another fraction etc. (I think that's how it works). You end up following the bullets around the screen rather than trying to get away from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                Originally posted by MarkyB
                Yeesss....Me.... ME,ME,ME

Me too......
                lol!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                  In psyvariar, when you level up by scratching your wings on the edges of ships or bullets or by shooting things, you become invincible for a fraction of a second. So then you can just fly through other bullets, which levels you up again, thus becoming invincible for another fraction etc. (I think that's how it works). You end up following the bullets around the screen rather than trying to get away from them.
                  Which is why "Revision" is 10X better than "Medium Unit".

Comment

Originally posted by JammyD

No seriously, Saur you blitzed that level. I never do Valley anymore but my highest on Volcano is 4737.
                    My best Volcano is around 5500.

I've also managed almost 13000 on X-A (Proton)

me and saur are gonna have to hook up and get some more videos together, i never expected this thread to get such a high response.

Comment

just downloadin saurs video of Valley...

gonna be a bitch and nit pick at it

Comment

Originally posted by C'

I mean, on the boss you are right up against one if the points where it fires, yet you don't get hit at all. It's just not right
                        hehe its very much like Radiant Silvergun, theres a small hit point on the ship, basically the size of the cockpit which is the actualy hit point.

Comment

well thanks for highlighting our lack of skill!

seriously though both the vids are sick, as i was struggling to break a 1000 on earth and normally play forest rather than valley but after seein those vids will get back on it.

No life for me again for a while

Definately need more vids would love to see the X stages being rinsed...

Comment

Also, how are you killing the enemy ships? It looks like the ship is giving off sparks when you level up, do these kill other ships...Or are you fling into them when invulnerable?

Comment

I've only recently broken 1000 on Earth, but Marks vid has given me new hope. I can see that I need to be far more agressive in attacking the bullet patterns.

I'm intrigued that you shoot the first few bad guys, I normally run into them whilst invulnerable. Is this a bad thing to do?

As for Valley I bite balls at that level, so I'll be downloading Saurs vid for some pointers.

Comment

Man - I played for around an hour yesterday and I totally clicked with Psyvariar; I got about 10x my previous score in the first couple of levels! I noticed you were moving well fast, but still spining - didn't realise that before now, but got it last night. Level 80 on the last level, in one credit! Boss cained me though, but still, that's some improvement

(still on easy though, just a padawan at the minute - i'm no jedi yet )

Revision is wicked and it is amazing how far apart it is from Medium Unit in game mechanics once you click and I love the music - neighbours must have thought Bush has found Saddam round mine last night, oh the noise

Comment

Working...
                                X