Wii mote and Wii news channel freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wii mote and Wii news channel freezing

Hay all I have a few Wii problems. I haven?t used it for a while as I?ve had a lot of uni work to do. I have 2 problems

1) When the news channel became available I tried to download it and it caused my Wii to freeze when downloading. This happens every time.eez

2) My one and only wii remote has stopped working. The four blue lights at the bottom just flash when I try to use it. I have tried to re-SYNC using the info on Nintendo?s website but no joy.

Can anyone Help?

Thank you.

Originally posted by scott26985 View Post
    Hay all I have a few Wii problems. I haven?t used it for a while as I?ve had a lot of uni work to do. I have 2 problems

1) When the news channel became available I tried to download it and it caused my Wii to freeze when downloading. This happens every time.eez

2) My one and only wii remote has stopped working. The four blue lights at the bottom just flash when I try to use it. I have tried to re-SYNC using the info on Nintendo?s website but no joy.

Can anyone Help?

Thank you.
    For 2. try taking the batteries out of the remote and the power cable out of the wii, then try re-synching them.

Taking the power out may solve the problem with 1. but no gurantee.

Comment

Im having a problem understanding how to sync as well. One way says hold both the buttons on the machine and remote, another says just the remote.

Comment

Originally posted by scott26985 View Post
        Im having a problem understanding how to sync as well. One way says hold both the buttons on the machine and remote, another says just the remote.
        Well for me i had to press the red button under the SD bay flap on the Wii and the red button in the battery compartment on the wiimote.

Comment

wii-mote is fine now. its just this news channel problem. All other internet usage on my wii is fine and the router has a strong singal.

Comment

strange.

You could try deleting the news channel from your wii memory and downloading it again?

Comment

how would I do that?

If I go to data management > Wii channels. Only the internet channel and everybody votes is in there.

Comment

hmm

ill have a look on mine.

Comment

I have a bigger problem now. The Wii has stopped recognising game discs!

Comment

that happened to me. you have a fooked disc drive.

Comment

I think my Wii drive might be semi-'fooked'. It sometimes fails to recognise discs and often makes horrible clicking noises.

Comment

I had the news channel crashing problem for a while but it just cleared up by itself. TBH I think it was something to do with my internet connection, i.e. the machine was trying to download the news but couldn't for some reason and subsequently crashed.

Comment

Working...
                        X