Internet Channel update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Channel update

New update for the Wii opera Browser is available. If I remember correctly the main differences are:

1) Fast browser launch and quicker favourites.

2) Clearer text when zoomed.

3) Navigation Bar removal option.

and something else I can't remember.

Sorry if this is posted in wrong forum...
    Last edited by hudson; 12-04-2007, 06:02.

It's actually quite usable now, even in SD. It still has no video codecs at all (beyond the flash video stuff), so it's pretty useless for video and audio, but as a casual browser it's not bad.

The price is right too.

I do like the Wii a lot, and these freebie channels are really nicely done. I just wish the system had some new games worth playing on it.

Comment

Everythings certainly a lot more visible (though I'm still not a big fan of scaling anyway - look at the text), and it's much easier to scroll up and down because you can drag better.

Comment

More controllable zoom function too!

Comment

I like the new Internet Channel. It's actually an interesting alternative if I don't want to go to the trouble of booting up a PC.

Comment

I only use it for watching stuff on youtube bit that makes it worth it for me hehe..

Comment

It's certainly much better since the update and I can see myself using it on the odd occasion I'm too lazy to walk upstairs to sit at the PC.

I was expecting to have to pay for it too, so was very happy to discover it's a free download.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                I only use it for watching stuff on youtube bit that makes it worth it for me hehe..
                Word this is pretty much what I use my Wii for.....its a bit annoying that when using a DPLII set up the sound comes out of the centre speaker, i have to manually switch to 2 channel........if they sorted this and the aspect for VC it would be great.

Comment

Really chuffed with it too. Exgfpics, youtube and gmail all look great, so i'm happy.

Comment

Is there some way to highlight text? I can't view spoilers!

Comment

It now takes up the whole screen in 480p widescreen. Before it had black around it. I rather like it. Its great for youtube.

Comment

I think it is great myself although I am 6 days late to the party.

My only (small) niggle is the favourites page displaying the old content rather than updating the frontpage of the specific webpage or just provide a simple logo that represents the website. My amazon favourites box shows a garden spade and a ghome; why?

I would feel a bit miffed if I had to 'pay' (500 Wii-points) for the internet download but all in all, it is a nice and worthwhile update.

Comment

I thought it was free till June??

Comment

Its free for life if you download it before June.

Comment

I just misread his post.

Comment

Working...
                              X