Official MS/Namco XBLA Pac-Man contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official MS/Namco XBLA Pac-Man contest

It's coming soon, only seen info so far on gamepress (which you to need to be registered for access to)

Any contest that has food as a main prize gets thumbs up from me, shame the're are no Quiznos in the UK. 100,000 XBLA points would be nice also. Shame I'm crap at PacMan.

Some snippets of info, sure it'll appear on other sites soon ...

Originally posted by GamesPress
    LONDON ? April 18, 2007 ? Microsoft Corp. and NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc. today made video game history by announcing the first-ever Xbox 360? ?Pac-Man? World Championship, presented by Quiznos. From 25th April to 9th May, fans of one of the world?s most beloved video games of all time will compete on the classic arcade game via Xbox LIVE? Arcade on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system.
    A total of nine finalists in the Xbox 360 ?Pac-Man? World Championship will advance to the finals based upon the highest Xbox LIVE Arcade leaderboard scores. There will be one finalist from each of the following countries and geographic areas: Asia, Australia/New Zealand, Canada, Japan and Mexico; and two finalists from Europe and the United States. This group will also be joined by the winner of the ?Pac-Man? FANatic contest, a competition that will encourage ?Pac-Man? fans from the United States and Canada to submit a video that demonstrates why they are the ultimate ?Pac-Man? fan. The winning entry will be flown to New York as a wildcard entrant in the final round of the tournament. Details are available online at http://www.xboxlivetournament.com starting 25th April 2007.
    The Xbox 360 ?Pac-Man? World Champion will receive worldwide acclaim from being the first-ever Xbox 360 ?Pac-Man? World Champion and gain a place in gaming history. The winner of the finals will also receive other great prizes, including 26 years of free Quiznos toasted subs (one sandwich a week for 26 years, a $13,520 (U.S.) value), 100,000 Microsoft Points for games, movies and other fun content available on Xbox LIVE, and a one-of-a-kind Xbox 360 featuring a special design inspired by ?Pac-Man.?
    ? Starting 25th April 2007, at 00:01GMT/ 01:01 CET, gamers can visit http://www.xboxlivetournament.com to register and review full eligibility criteria, regulations and rules.

? Also on 25th April 2007, at 00:01 GMT / 01:01 CET, the worldwide competition will officially kick off on Xbox LIVE Arcade.

? Previous leaderboard scores for ?Pac-Man? will be deleted to provide a clean and fair slate for all gamers participating in the Xbox 360 ?Pac-Man? World Championship.

? Concurrently, ?Pac-Man? fans in the United States and Canada can also enter the ?Pac-Man? FANatic contest and receive an invitation to compete in the finals in New York City. Starting 25th April 2007, they can visit http://www.xboxlivetournament.com for more information on how to submit a creative video that best illustrates their love for ?Pac-Man.?

? On 9th May 2007, at 23:59 GMT / 00:59 CET, the competition will officially cease and nine finalists from the identified regions, based on the top leaderboard scores,* will advance to the Xbox 360 ?Pac-Man? World Championship.

? Before 1st June 2007, the top nine finalists will be announced.

? The nine finalists will also be joined in New York City by the winner of the ?Pac-Man? FANatic contest, and compete for the Xbox 360 ?Pac-Man? World Championship title on 5th June 2007, in New York City.
    Dig out those ghost route guides and get practicing !
    Last edited by VR46; 18-04-2007, 15:49.

I suspect that unless you're very very good at Pacman already, there's no point in bothering with this. Why couldn't they have picked a less deterministic game? ... Ms.PacMan, even?

Comment

Yeah bad game choice I gotta agree - Nobody has a chance in hell really !!!

But the prizes - awesome !! a sub every day (toasted no less) for the next 26 years? Provided this Quizno's ain't **** I'd be up for that

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
        shame the're are no Quiznos in the UK
        There's plenty of Quiznos in the UK. There's at least 2 in Brum, and am pretty sure there's a few in London too.

Comment

they are a bit **** though

Comment

Originally posted by RustyS Badge View Post
            they are a bit **** though
            I wouldn't know. Never been in one, just used to pass them on my way to work.

Comment

I bow to your fast food knowledge Nige

Comment

Working...
              X