Gyruss [400 XBLA points]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gyruss [400 XBLA points]

Had never heard of this game until couple of days ago, once informed it was similar to Galaga was a essential purchase in my book.

Anyway, impressions:
    Very retro in appearance - as a 20 year old title should be, nice simple (in theory) shooter where your ship rotates around the edge of the screen and most enemies appear from the centre heading outwards. Difficulty starts off OK, but progresses to hard fairly quickly in my opinion.

Graphically a bit blocky as you'd expect, though does look smoother in the HD mode (it is changed via the pause menu).

Idea of the game is to progress through the planets to finally reach earth, there are three stages to reaching each planet, with a bonus level at the end.

Old-school simple controls, use the stick to rotate around the edge of the screen and press A to fire.

Overall a really enjoyable game, and it's just over three quid

PS. There are a Co-op and Versus modes over Live.

I won 50 ranked matches last night and didn't unlock the versus achievement, so presumably you only need to do player matches to earn it. Oh well, it did get me high up the leaderboad.
    I played against a few people who had 200/200 already, so I assume it isn't "glitched".

Decent game. Not essential by any means, but was happy to pay 400 for it.

Comment

Crikey, how long did that all take ? I got the 60,000 in co-op achievement last night, but can't seem to get past about the 110,000 mark

Almost caught your single player score late last night, your the only person on my friends list with this.

Come on shooter fans, where are you ?

PS. I got a 10,000 point bonus for shooting down all ships in the first bonus level

Comment

Working...
      X