Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best and Worst game title additions

Worst:
    The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar. I mean really. [generic scary word #3] of [some other word]
    Time Crisis: Crisis Zone. 3 seconds to think that one up?

Best:
    Prince of Persia: The two thrones. Tells it like it is.
    Zelda: Ocarina of time. Again, you know what you're dealing with here.

Any other faves?

BTW, this was kicked off in my mind by a FFXI mission being discussed at the moment called Desires of Emptiness. No idea if the name is relevant to the mission or not, but it sounds like it would be tenuous.
    Last edited by charlesr; 27-04-2007, 14:38.

The obvious (worst) one would be Peter Jackson Presents: King Kong The Official Game of the Movie, just 'King Kong, innit?' would've sufficed...

Comment

It might mean something, but Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerburus always makes me groan.

I've always had a strange attraction for "Metroid Prime", Echoes is a good subtitle too.

Comment

Best - Mr Wongs Loopy Laundry - Tells it like it is see !

Worst - er, XIII ???

Comment

Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
          Gradius II: GOFER no Yabou
          Virtual ON: Oratorio Tangram
          Biohazard: Code Veronica
          Metal Gear Solid: Integral

Always liked the sound of those ones and "Hyper Solid Shooting" for Mars Matrix- says exactly what it means. Those german subtitles on the Xenosaga games are pretty nutty too.

Rubbish:

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner
          Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
          Winning Eleven 9: Ubiquitous Evolution

Comment

Best:

Zombies Ate My Neighbours

Worst:

Halo:Combat Evolved
            Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber (although I do like the aspiration)
            Tony Hawks Sk8land

Comment

Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3. Sounds like a football score.

Comment

I always liked it Half Life 2 never had an additional title. It was always just Half Life 2. It said it all.

Any game with 'hold my sides' puns are usually lame: Up Your Arsenal and such like.

And Halo is such a cool name, why did they spoil it by adding Combat Evolved.

Comment

Originally posted by ryodi View Post
                  Too right, the Mario GBA games were stupidly overtitled

Comment

Best:

Chu Chu Rocket
                    Resident Evil - sounds cool, especially when announced in a theatrical voice.
                    Super Street Fighter II Turbo - Gotta love how overstated it is.

Worst:

Tony Hawk's Underground - what?s wrong with Tony Hawks 5?
                    The Virtua series - makes me think of hippies with headsets grasping thin air.

Comment

Originally posted by Brats View Post
                      And Halo is such a cool name, why did they spoil it by adding Combat Evolved.
                      It's funny I always only thought of it as Halo until the PC version came along then for some reason everybody started writing Halo:CE and I thought it was some modded version !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                        Chu Chu Rocket
                        Resident Evil - sounds cool, especially when announced in a theatrical voice.

Think you missed the point. There's no 'addition' there. So in Zelda: Ocarina of Time, for example, 'Ocarina of Time' is the addition.

Or have I missed the point?

Comment

Rayman 3 - Hoodlum Havoc. That stupid name alone should have been enough to warn me off buying the worst game I ever bought for the Gamecube, but it wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Swallow View Post
                            It might mean something, but Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerburus always makes me groan.
                            Ah but the game is officially called 'Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII', in that order... so the FF7 bit is addition!

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK View Post
                            It's funny I always only thought of it as Halo until the PC version came along then for some reason everybody started writing Halo:CE and I thought it was some modded version !!!
                            Actually you weren't wrong, on the PC Halo CE refers to 'Halo Custom Edition', which I think was an addon for Halo that allowed you to use mods?

Comment

Originally posted by ryodi View Post
                              You win.

Here is another crap one...

Phantasy Star Universe: Illuminas no Yabou

Comment

Working...
                              X